Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Krups 2-slice toaster disassembly

On May 4, 10:09*am, "Denis G." wrote:
On May 4, 6:27*am, jamesgangnc wrote:

On May 3, 11:02*pm, "Denis G." wrote:

I have a Krups 2-slice toaster like this one:http://www.krupsusa.com/NR/rdonlyres...-8E5B-1B377C0F...

I’m trying to disassemble it to have a look at the circuit board to
see if it can be modified or adjusted to make darker toast.

The front handle/lever is used for raising or lowering the toast.
Does anyone know how to remove it? *It doesn’t seem obvious and I’d
like to avoid breaking it.

I doubt you will find someone with specific experience taking apart
that particular toaster in this group. *Often plastic levels and knobs
that attach to metal mechanical parts are a slip on fit. *Try pulling
while wiggling it a bit. * It's up to you to judge when you are about
to beak it instead of remove it. *Most small appliances are not really
intended to be repaired so they are not manufactured for easy
disassembly.

Ok, thanks. *I've taken apart other brands in the past. *I've used a
bobby pin to retract a spring clip holding a lever handle, but I don't
see one on this. *Sometimes I only find out how things are assembled
after I break them.- Hide quoted text -

I think we've all done that a few times.

Is it really electronically controlled?