Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gutters: spikes vs. hangers and screws

Greetings everyone,

I am hoping to get a second opinion from gurus out there. I just
replaced my gutters. My old gutters were held in by 'spikes'. That's
what the contractor called them. Just to clarify these spikes are
basically big long steel nails that pass through a collar. My new
gutters were installed with these 'hangers' and screws. He told me
that spikes were the old way of doing things and that the hangers were
better. Is this true?
My concern is snow. Despite the problems of my old gutters those
spikes held up well against the weight of snow. Those 'bigger' spikes
make me feel better than these little screws, which look like 3
inches. He told me the hangers will hold. This is what I like to
ask. Will the hangers and those smaller screws do as good as a job
holding up against the weight of snow as the spikes?
Thank you

Voltage spikes MM UK diy 59 March 14th 11 01:13 PM
Anti-Perching spikes. Donwill[_3_] UK diy 8 October 19th 09 01:22 PM
Welding on rail road spikes redalpha Metalworking 11 January 2nd 09 07:05 PM
Gas fire thermostat locking up, spikes? R D S UK diy 5 December 7th 06 09:10 PM
power spikes on second level of the house kelly Home Repair 5 March 16th 06 08:39 PM