Posted to alt.home.repair

Default install a 2-lamp fixture in place of a 1-lamp fixture?

On 4/20/2011 10:54 AM, Red Green wrote:
Smitty wrote in
news
OR do you know of any sites that have attractive 1 lamp fixtures?

No. All the 1 lamp fixtures are butt ugly, like your sister.

thank you for your time.

You're welcome. Here is another tip: This is USENET, and you won't
actually see and profit from my wisdom, because the stinking
homeowner's hub doesn't like me.

Sparky, errrr....Smitty:

Can we get an NEC cite for your advice?

Thanks,
Curious Red

260.14 (c)

Posted to alt.home.repair

260.14 (c)-

just by fixtures that use CFLs or LED which will keep the fixture
temperature down.

If you happen to have K&T its time to plan on a complete rewire.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/21/2011 12:20 PM, bob haller wrote:
260.14 (c)-

just by fixtures that use CFLs or LED which will keep the fixture
temperature down.

A response that has absolutely noting to do with this branch of the thread.

If you happen to have K&T its time to plan on a complete rewire.

And the fetish referred to by RBM

And also absolutely noting to do with this branch of the thread.

--
bud--
Posted to alt.home.repair

"bob haller" wrote in message
260.14 (c)-

just by fixtures that use CFLs or LED which will keep the fixture
temperature down.

If you happen to have K&T its time to plan on a complete rewire.

**Yes, but if the fixture has a tag that says something like: risk of fire,
do not install on wire with a temperature rating of less than 90 degrees.
Isn't the house inspector going to flag you at resale time, or how about
your insurance company not paying the claim when your house catches fire...
and I know you're an expert on K&T, but what about other types of
discontinued conductors like T, TW, RH. What should you do if you have that
in your walls?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 21, 4:13*pm, "RBM" wrote:
"bob haller" wrote in message

260.14 (c)-

just by fixtures that use CFLs or LED which will keep the fixture
temperature down.

If you happen to have K&T its time to plan on a complete rewire.

**Yes, but if the fixture has a tag that says something like: risk of fire,
do not install on wire with a temperature rating of less than 90 degrees.
Isn't the house inspector going to flag you at resale time, or how about
your insurance company not paying the claim when your house catches fire....
and I know you're an expert on K&T, but what about other types of
discontinued conductors like T, TW, RH. What should you do if you have that
in your walls?

WHO THE HELL HAS K&T THIS DAY & AGE?
YOU GUYS ARE TRIPPING.....LAY OFF THE MUSHROOMS WILL YOU.

PAT ECUM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 21, 11:00*pm, The Ghost in The Machine
wrote:
On Apr 21, 4:13*pm, "RBM" wrote:

"bob haller" wrote in message

260.14 (c)-

just by fixtures that use CFLs or LED which will keep the fixture
temperature down.

If you happen to have K&T its time to plan on a complete rewire.

**Yes, but if the fixture has a tag that says something like: risk of fire,
do not install on wire with a temperature rating of less than 90 degrees.
Isn't the house inspector going to flag you at resale time, or how about
your insurance company not paying the claim when your house catches fire...
and I know you're an expert on K&T, but what about other types of
discontinued conductors like T, TW, RH. What should you do if you have that
in your walls?

WHO THE HELL HAS K&T THIS DAY & AGE?
YOU GUYS ARE TRIPPING.....LAY OFF THE MUSHROOMS WILL YOU.

PAT ECUM- Hide quoted text -

Lots of people do, and they deny its difficult to impossible to get
homeowners insurance with K&T. no homeowners insurance means no one
can buy your home unless they pay cash and never have homeowners
insurance.

just the other night my best friend whos home is K&T discovered a
connection in the basement buzzing and smoking. he resoldered it.

he is 80 and says let the next owner take care of it.

he tried changing homeowners insurance company to save money, no one
will sell him a policy because of the K&T
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Apr 21, 4:13*pm, "RBM" wrote:

"bob haller" wrote in message

[...]

FIRST OF ALL THE OP HASNT SAID A WORD ABOUT HOW OLD HER HOUSE IS,
SECOND OF ALL "THAT SUCKS" UPGRADES SHOULD BE MANDATORY IN SUCH CASES.
I'D TEAR IT ALL DOWN ASAP AND REWIRE THE ENTIRE DWELLING.

PAT ECUM
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Apr 21, 4:13 pm, "RBM" wrote:

"bob haller" wrote in message

[...]

**Maybe you have the ability and resources to do that. Not everyone is in
such a position. Personally, I would leave judgment of wiring types and
systems to those who know something about them. Having an antiquated wiring
type, isn't in and of itself, a hazard.