Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default install a 2-lamp fixture in place of a 1-lamp fixture?

On Apr 21, 11:00*pm, The Ghost in The Machine
wrote:
On Apr 21, 4:13*pm, "RBM" wrote:

"bob haller" wrote in message

260.14 (c)-

just by fixtures that use CFLs or LED which will keep the fixture
temperature down.

If you happen to have K&T its time to plan on a complete rewire.

**Yes, but if the fixture has a tag that says something like: risk of fire,
do not install on wire with a temperature rating of less than 90 degrees.
Isn't the house inspector going to flag you at resale time, or how about
your insurance company not paying the claim when your house catches fire...
and I know you're an expert on K&T, but what about other types of
discontinued conductors like T, TW, RH. What should you do if you have that
in your walls?

WHO THE HELL HAS K&T THIS DAY & AGE?
YOU GUYS ARE TRIPPING.....LAY OFF THE MUSHROOMS WILL YOU.

PAT ECUM- Hide quoted text -

Lots of people do, and they deny its difficult to impossible to get
homeowners insurance with K&T. no homeowners insurance means no one
can buy your home unless they pay cash and never have homeowners
insurance.

just the other night my best friend whos home is K&T discovered a
connection in the basement buzzing and smoking. he resoldered it.

he is 80 and says let the next owner take care of it.

he tried changing homeowners insurance company to save money, no one
will sell him a policy because of the K&T