Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, OT, OT - Heart Surgery Survival Guide

I've been posting here for quite a bit, and my main contributions have been
to help people with DIY problems. But a few months ago, I started putting
my sig on my posts my blog and website on heart surgery. I appreciate
everyone being so gracious on letting me do that. I went through it almost
nine years ago, a 8.5 hour operation to do a 5 way bypass and an aortic
valve replacement. I have over a 15 year heart history, so speak from
experience.

My finished books have come in, and they are for sale. It's a book for
people facing surgery, their caretakers, and friends/family. They are not a
medical mumbo-jumbo book, but written as a my story in plain words that
everyone can grasp. Just a guide to help everyone understand what is going
on, what to expect, and hopefully make it a little easier by taking out the
dark unknown factors..

When I went for surgery, they didn't tell me squat. I thought a book would
help people at least prepare and ease some of their fears and tensions.
When you get the news, it's scary ****, and you can google. What you'll
find is a haystack with a few straws that have to do with your particular
situation. Reading all that stresses you more because you read about a lot
of stuff that doesn't pertain to you and might never ever happen in your
case.

In the site, I have joined with companies that make products and services
that these patients and their families could use. I don't get rich off
these ads, but it does help pay for the costs. I doubt that this book will
make me very much money. I did it as a release for my built up anxieties,
and in the process, to possibly help people.

I would appreciate it if you would bookmark my site. You never know when
you may come up needing heart surgery, and have to have it in just a few
days, and be clueless on how to prepare. There are a lot of surprises in
the hospital, in recovery, and in long term rehab that are easier to learn
in this book than to find out by trial and error. Being in the hospital and
not knowing what is going on is a very stressful experience. Buy it for
yourself. Get it if you are going to have to take care of this heart
patient after they get home. Get it to give to a friend, and possibly make
their journey a little smoother.

And when the next patient comes along, pass it along to help their journey.

I may post this every anniversary of my June 19th, 2002 surgery so that it
isn't considered spam.

If you are facing heart surgery, or know someone who is, my prayers and best
wishes are with you. It is a VERY highly survivable surgery, and it adds
many many years of quality life.

Thanks, God bless you and keep you.

Steve Bulicz
www.cabgbypasssurgery.com
Heart Surgery Survival Guide - For Patients and Caregivers

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 14, 1:43*am, "Steve B" wrote:
[...]

More or less been there myself.
Wondered if you are self published and will be interested in seeing
how it works out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Good for people to know beforehand what is going to be done. My wife had a
heart transplant in 1998. Surgeon talked too entire family before hand.
Surgery was 5 hours. Heart still working great with no rejections. days
after surgery we were shopping at the mall. Healing was fast. Surgeon said
a heart transplant is one of the easiest transplants because of less
hookups of things. Explained as this...Engine replacementRemove manifold,
(top of old heart) remove engine.(old heart) replace engine, (new heart)
attach manifold. (old manifold) Close hood. WW

Posted to alt.home.repair

My wife had a
heart transplant in 1998. Surgeon talked too entire family before hand.
Surgery was 5 hours. Heart still working great with no rejections. days
after surgery we were shopping at the mall. Healing was fast. Surgeon
said a heart transplant is one of the easiest transplants because of less
hookups of things. Explained as this...Engine replacementRemove manifold,
(top of old heart) remove engine.(old heart) replace engine, (new heart)
attach manifold. (old manifold) Close hood. WW

Thanks. My sister had one June, 2008, and is doing fine. She now loves
avocados and painting, something she had absolutely no interest in
previously, but her donor did ...................

Steve

Heart surgery pending?