Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lennox Induced Draft Blower failed

I have model g26q3/4-100-6.

The induced draft motor has been whining for over a year -- rather
loudly at times. I think it has finally died. It just moans now and
does not turn -- furnace will not come on.

I cannot seem to find a matching partnumber at the online parts
sites. Does anyone know what part number I need?

cozyparts.com seems to have the right stuff -- but I cannot find a
match between the values I read on my part and their website.

I see:
induced draft motor
on the motor:
5899J43113
1Y25-734CS
on the blower housing
J16 5468
Posted to alt.home.repair

cozyparts got back pretty quick -- 68K21
$175
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 30, 12:44*pm, kansascats wrote:
cozyparts got back pretty quick -- 68K21
$175

$175. Ouch. Sounds like it might have been worth taking that thing
apart when it started squealing and trying to get some oil into the
bearings.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 30, 11:22*am, jamesgangnc wrote:
On Mar 30, 12:44*pm, kansascats wrote:

cozyparts got back pretty quick -- 68K21
$175

$175. *Ouch. *Sounds like it might have been worth taking that thing
apart when it started squealing and trying to get some oil into the
bearings.

yeah.. somehow water ends up down in the blower assembly. Searches
revealed this is a common problem. that motor is pretty enclosed --
next time around i'll try a bit harder to get at the bearings.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 30, 1:38*pm, kansascats wrote:
On Mar 30, 11:22*am, jamesgangnc wrote:

On Mar 30, 12:44*pm, kansascats wrote:

cozyparts got back pretty quick -- 68K21
$175

$175. *Ouch. *Sounds like it might have been worth taking that thing
apart when it started squealing and trying to get some oil into the
bearings.

yeah.. somehow water ends up down in the blower assembly. *Searches
revealed this is a common problem. *that motor is pretty enclosed --
next time around i'll try a bit harder to get at the bearings.

If it's a condensing furnace make sure that the drains are good. The
water is supposed to drain before it reaches the draft fan.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 10:38:39 -0700 (PDT), kansascats
wrote:

On Mar 30, 11:22Â*am, jamesgangnc wrote:
On Mar 30, 12:44Â*pm, kansascats wrote:

cozyparts got back pretty quick -- 68K21
$175

$175. Â*Ouch. Â*Sounds like it might have been worth taking that thing
apart when it started squealing and trying to get some oil into the
bearings.

yeah.. somehow water ends up down in the blower assembly. Searches
revealed this is a common problem. that motor is pretty enclosed --
next time around i'll try a bit harder to get at the bearings.

How about a drain hole in the inducer fan to prevent water buildup in
the first place. Doesn't need to be very big - and a small hose to a
container will let you know if water is getting into the fan. Blow in
the hose accaisionally to be sure it is not blocked.plugged.
Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

wrote:
On Mar 30, 11:22*am, jamesgangnc wrote:
On Mar 30, 12:44*pm, kansascats wrote:

cozyparts got back pretty quick -- 68K21
$175

$175. *Ouch. *Sounds like it might have been worth taking that thing
apart when it started squealing and trying to get some oil into the
bearings.

yeah.. somehow water ends up down in the blower assembly. *Searches
revealed this is a common problem. *that motor is pretty enclosed --
next time around i'll try a bit harder to get at the bearings.

*How about a drain hole in the inducer fan to prevent water buildup in
the first place. Doesn't need to be very big - and a small hose to a
container will let you know if water is getting into the fan. Blow in
the hose accaisionally to be sure it is not blocked.plugged.

the pvc vents for the inducer blower for my furnace had a tee for a
small drain pipe inline, with a 360 degree loop in the drain to hold
water so as not to allow exhaust to blow into the condensate pump.
pipes are pitched down toward furnace.

nate
Posted to alt.home.repair

Not to get into a "wo is me" contest, but my inducer fan was
$290 retail.

Hope you can afford the replacement, and that you've got
someone to install it. I've been able to oil bearings on
fans, before. Might work, for you.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"jamesgangnc" wrote in message
On Mar 30, 12:44 pm, kansascats
wrote:
cozyparts got back pretty quick -- 68K21
$175

$175. Ouch. Sounds like it might have been worth taking
that thing
apart when it started squealing and trying to get some oil
into the
bearings.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

nate- Hide quoted text -

You sure that external was in both the intake vent and the exhaust
vent?
Somehow I doubt the install called for one in each. On my
Rheem there is a trap as you describe on the INTAKE vent
pipe so as to prevent any rain water that blows in from
reaching the furnace. The intake vents normally just terminate
inside the furnace cabinet, so without the external trap water
could make it inside.

The exhaust on the other hand, should be able to deal with
any water that runs down the pipe as it should have it's
own trap inside the furnace that handles the regular
condensate.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oh, you were writing about an inducer fan? I thought you
meant my last girl friend. Whining for a year, and then went
dead.

A skilled HVAC tech might be able to disassemble the fan,
and relubricate it. Most techs want to rip and replace, so
that's not helpful to write. I see you can get another one
for $175. Wish you'd called me earlier. Gonna be cold
tonight.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"kansascats" wrote in message
I have model g26q3/4-100-6.

The induced draft motor has been whining for over a year --
rather
loudly at times. I think it has finally died. It just
moans now and
does not turn -- furnace will not come on.

I cannot seem to find a matching partnumber at the online
parts
sites. Does anyone know what part number I need?

cozyparts.com seems to have the right stuff -- but I cannot
find a
match between the values I read on my part and their
website.

I see:
induced draft motor
on the motor:
5899J43113
1Y25-734CS
on the blower housing
J16 5468

Posted to alt.home.repair

Inducer fan.
Water in the blower assembly.

So is it likely to be a condensing furnace?
(I vote yes).

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"jamesgangnc"
wrote in message news:2926ac5b-44ba-4a37-b3c8-

yeah.. somehow water ends up down in the blower assembly.
Searches
revealed this is a common problem. that motor is pretty
enclosed --
next time around i'll try a bit harder to get at the
bearings.

If it's a condensing furnace make sure that the drains are
good. The
water is supposed to drain before it reaches the draft fan.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 16:48:35 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Not to get into a "wo is me" contest, but my inducer fan was
$290 retail.

Hope you can afford the replacement, and that you've got
someone to install it. I've been able to oil bearings on
fans, before. Might work, for you.

Mine was $340 and out of stock when the blower wheel started to
squeak. I ended up brazing the blower wheel to the hub - which stopped
the squeak - after having dissassembled the motor and cleaned and
lubed and replaced the bearings trying to chase down the squeak.

That was something like 6? years ago.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Not to get into a "wo is me" contest, but my inducer fan was
$290 retail.

Hope you can afford the replacement, and that you've got
someone to install it. I've been able to oil bearings on
fans, before. Might work, for you.

*Mine was $340 and out of stock when the blower wheel started to
squeak. I ended up brazing the blower wheel to the hub - which stopped
the squeak - after having dissassembled the motor and cleaned and
lubed and replaced the bearings trying to chase down the squeak.

That was something like 6? years ago.

Ouch, that all sucks. I'm thinking that's pricing based on what the
market will bear, not based on percentage of production costs.