Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I need another door recommendation-basement steps

My basement steps lead up into the kitchen where the door swings out
into the kitchen. The way the rooms and steps are laid out I can't
put a pocket door at the top of the steps. Conveniently when this
basement door is open it blocks another doorway. Makes bringing the
truckload of stuff SWMBO buys at BJs down to the basement a real PITA.

Beside the unsafe idea of turning the door around to swing out over
the steps anything else I could do?

Maybe a bi-fold door?

If any of you have solved this annoying problem I'd love to hear how
you did it.