Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I need another door recommendation-basement steps

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 22:29:22 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Limp Arbor" wrote

If any of you have solved this annoying problem I'd love to hear how
you did it.

An accordian type folding door. Takes up an inch or two of the opening,
but
blocks
nothing.http://www.homedepot.com/Doors-Windo...oors-Accordion...

Ed, I'm surprised you would suggest and accordian door. First it is a
house, not a trailer and second it is at the top of stairs.

I suggested what works, not what looks elegant. I've seen them installed
in a couple of houses in Philly that had a tight layout. You question is
answered, you choice what to do with it.

They sorta "work" but they do NOT meet code at the top of a stairway.
Dangerous at the top - OK at the bottom.