Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stanley Garage door help

On Mar 29, 9:56*am, bob haller wrote:
On Mar 29, 7:41*am, "HeyBub" wrote:

Oren wrote:
On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 06:53:37 -0700 (PDT), jamesgangnc
wrote:

Actually I have seen some of them start to move and then decide that
a sensor was tripped and revrese. *Worth checking. *Along with
confirming that the sensor wires are connected properly. *Mine here
at this house is so old it doesn't have those so I always forget
about them.

I've had mine act up when the light sensor is bumped. Until I read it
here, I generalized that all GD openers had sensors on them. Learned
something on AHR that day.

Now... GD openers are starting to, at least one company, get away from
sensors again.

Example: (disclaimer I have this brand door but not this opener)

_Exclusive Soft-Touch Reverse TechnologyT_

While Closing:
The door & opener system reverses with just a soft touch- eliminating
the need for troublesome photo eyes

While Opening:
The door & opener system will stop with just a soft touch-
eliminating the appeal for children to ride the door while it opens

[...]

Safety - The Garage Opener Digital Intelligence system constantly
monitors the force level necessary to safely open and close your
garage door.

http://www.martindoor.com/

I have two garage doors with sensors. The sensors are mounted atop the
motor, about six inches apart.

Never had a problem with them being out of alignment.- Hide quoted text -

you know the sensors yu disabled could of saved a life someday.

think door coming down on animal or child, or coming down and harming
your vehicle

the sensors are reall important- Hide quoted text -

Even the openers with sensors reverse when excessive force is required
to close or open the door. Besides don't you believe in Darwin?

Old Stanley Garage Door Opener Willie The Wimp Home Repair 24 November 8th 17 02:39 PM
Sabotaged Stanley garage door opener Curmudgeon[_3_] Home Repair 9 January 2nd 10 03:59 PM
Question about Stanley Garage Door Opener F.H. Home Repair 4 June 11th 05 11:28 PM
Old Stanley garage door opener Puddin' Man Home Repair 22 December 13th 04 12:19 AM
Stanley garage door opener problem Sporkman Electronics Repair 12 October 8th 03 02:19 AM