Sporkman

Default Stanley garage door opener problem

I'd like to *fix* my Stanley garage door opener bloody well right, but I
don't have the money to replace it just now. The problem is the (IR)
optical sensor set at the base of the rails, which keeps going out. I
replace 'em ($65), they break again. Act like they're operating
properly (beep when you pass an obstacle through the beam) but won't
allow the door to close. No, the path isn't blocked and yes the beam is
aimed properly. I can hold the bleepin' momentary contact switch button
down and close the garage door, and it opens just fine, but what I'd
REALLY like to do is bypass the bleepin' sensor entirely for the time
being. 'Course I imagine that the opener also has a travel resistance
switch in it and it shouldn't absolutely crush anything solid in its
path, but I'd put it to the test before I left it without the bleepin'
optical sensor set.

Anybody know how I can wire the bleepin' thing to bypass the bleepin'
sensor?

TIA
'Sporky'
Charlotte, NC
Shoreline Electronics

There is usually down and up force settings that will effect opening closing
operation....do you have the manual tat explains on how to set them?

This system wasn't victim of a lightning strike ....was it?

--
==========================
Jeff Stielau

========================
"If you push something hard enough it will fall over."
Fudd's First Law of Opposition - Sir Sidney Fudd

"Sporkman" wrote in message
[...]

Ross Mac

Find out if they are normally open or normally closed sensors. If they are
normally closed....jump em out...otherwise remove the sensor....I would also
make sure I knew where the pets and the cars were before I shut the door. A
friend once put a nice crease in my 65 Mustang with a defeated garage
door!....take care, Ross

"Sporkman" wrote in message
[...]

Ross Mac

One other note. Make sure that if the sensor is normally closed, you short
the signal and ground...not the power and ground....otherwise there will be
smoke!!! Good Luck, Ross

"Sporkman" wrote in message
[...]

On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 00:55:31 -0400, Sporkman
wrote:

[...]

Careful there. If there is an accident and it's found out you
defeated a safety feature, you can be sued and/or charged with
criminal negligence.

Just fix them. It might be as simple as marginal wiring or
connections to the opener.

-Chris

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 21:17:25 GMT, "Ross Mac"
wrote:

Probably not a problem for a guy that can't afford to replace it!....Those
attorneys really like those Deep Pockets ya know....
Take care, Ross

There's a difference between cheap and poor. For example, I'm a cheap
b*stard but I make a fair living.

For the original poster, have you looked at the singles/voltages on
the units? Does the voltage change when something blocks their beam?