Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kenmore top-loading washer, series 80

Kenmore top-loading washer, series 80. Burning smell, but still works.
I noticed that during spin (to remove water) if I lift the lid the
spin stops IMMEDIATELY, no coasting to a stop. I'm pretty handy, but
what part to replace? (Thanks in advance, not that I won't thank you
l8tr)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Paul wrote:
Kenmore top-loading washer, series 80. Burning smell, but still works.
I noticed that during spin (to remove water) if I lift the lid the
spin stops IMMEDIATELY, no coasting to a stop. I'm pretty handy, but
what part to replace? (Thanks in advance, not that I won't thank you
l8tr)

Hi,
Dust build up? How old is it? Wonder if motor has brushes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/26/2011 9:34 AM, Paul wrote:
Kenmore top-loading washer, series 80. Burning smell, but still works.
I noticed that during spin (to remove water) if I lift the lid the
spin stops IMMEDIATELY, no coasting to a stop. I'm pretty handy, but
what part to replace? (Thanks in advance, not that I won't thank you
l8tr)

Lots of washers have brakes to stop the drum. Maybe it came loose,
rubs, and gets hot while spinning then stops as it should when the lid
is opened?