Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default OT, Libya, Japan

A) Libya. I assume that when cruise missiles are sent against radar
sites, they use the largest payload that works, in order to do the
most damage. But if they could find out where kaddafi is, could they
not use a small payload, big enough to kill him and maybe 25 people
closest to him? Way back in 1966, I worked as a lowest-level
undergraduate, confined mostly to delivering the mail and making
copies, plus a couple other less time-consumng things meant to teach
me more than they were meant for me to help anyone there, at the US
Naval Avionics Facility, where they were working on the Walleye
missile, to be controlled by the pilot of a plane who would identify a
target as small as a person or a doorway, lock on to it, and the
missile, with a little ongoing help from the pilot, was meant to hit
it. I think they had production problems that delayed it for years,
but by now, with faster processors, GPS, and with the great success
from cruise missiles, I think it would be possible to go through a
window or a wall and straight to where he is standing.

B) Japan. Don't they have lead-lined suits that the firemen could
wear to get their water cannon closer to the reactors? I saw that
they only shoot 100 or 150 feet, but once they had the range, I think
they would work a lot faster than dumping from the sky, where most
goes somewhere else.

Is there any kind of robot that will fit in the drivers seat and
press the pedals and steer, so they wouldn't need a special robot for
every purpose?

If not, can't they drive the truck up there and leave for a few
hours in another truck or by walking?