Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT..How come we still export oil to Japan?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...GN4PEKQK13.DTL

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

over a barrel wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote in message

The fact is that refinery's

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...7s&btnG=Search

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

--

Martin H. Eastburn
@ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...GN4PEKQK13.DTL

Which has nothing to do with refinery closures in the 80's and 90's.

--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 28 May 2008 20:36:12 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
"John R. Carroll" quickly quoth:

Martin H. Eastburn wrote:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...GN4PEKQK13.DTL

Which has nothing to do with refinery closures in the 80's and 90's.

No, it has to do with black NIMBY bigots. sigh

--
I wish the Department of Homeland Security knew what
ol' Unca Doug did, instinctively, so many years ago:

There is no security on this earth, there is only opportunity.
-- General Douglas MacArthur
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Martin H. Eastburn wrote:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...GN4PEKQK13.DTL

Which has nothing to do with refinery closures in the 80's and 90's.

No, it has to do with black NIMBY bigots. sigh

I don't know about the bigots part but NIMBY goes without saying.
Just look at the spent fuel issue. Sheesh.

--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 29 May 2008 11:16:32 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,

Martin H. Eastburn wrote:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...GN4PEKQK13.DTL

Which has nothing to do with refinery closures in the 80's and 90's.

No, it has to do with black NIMBY bigots. sigh

I don't know about the bigots part

Bloch (or maybe she's not black?) was whining about the effect "on the
people of color" living in the area. Of course, most of the (rainbow?)
refinery crew lives there, too, and think nothing of it. Then again,
Martinez stinks already--from the bay/dead fish or refinery work, not
to mention lebenty billion cars a day--so a bit more couldn't hurt. My
sister lives in Condord and Mom lves in Vallejo, so I commute on CA-4
and I-680 through Martinez on the way between them several times every
year.

but NIMBY goes without saying.
Just look at the spent fuel issue. Sheesh.

Huh? There's no spent fuel in an oil refinery. What is your connection
there, or were you widening the discussion to nuke? (I'm pro-nuke.)