Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Indians! Food odor.

My mother in-law lives in a high-rise apartment. It was discovered by
the Tata Indians 2 years ago and is now 80%. The nicest people you'd
ever want to meet, but the food! The smells are, let’s say, unique to
the western sense of things.

Her apartment is ventilated with forced air. Are there contraptions
we can put on the registers (carbon filters...) that could get rid of
the smell. Forget free standing units... once this smell is in, it
rules.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"oldyork90" wrote in message
My mother in-law lives in a high-rise apartment. It was discovered by
the Tata Indians 2 years ago and is now 80%. The nicest people you'd
ever want to meet, but the food! The smells are, let’s say, unique to
the western sense of things.

The Lone Ranger never complained about Tonto. Lewis & Clark had no
problems, nor did the Pilgrims. Why is your MIL complaining about cooking
corn or a turkey?

What? Oh, not the same? Never mind.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 19, 3:51*pm, oldyork90 wrote:
My mother in-law lives in a high-rise apartment. *It was discovered by
the Tata Indians 2 years ago and is now 80%. *The nicest people you'd
ever want to meet, but the food! *The smells are, let’s say, unique to
the western sense of things.

Her apartment is ventilated with forced air. *Are there contraptions
we can put on the registers (carbon filters...) that could get rid of
the smell. *Forget free standing units... once this smell is in, it
rules.

Common problem in the UK.
You can put carbon filter in but they are expensive. You could shift
he air intake for the AC.
The best way as us in the UK have discovered (and all her neigbours)
is to move out.
Failing the above, she could just start eating the Indian ****. She
won't notice the smell then. You might notice her when she comes
visiting. Final desperate measure.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 19, 11:38*am, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"oldyork90" wrote in message

My mother in-law lives in a high-rise apartment. *It was discovered by
the Tata Indians 2 years ago and is now 80%. *The nicest people you'd
ever want to meet, but the food! *The smells are, let’s say, unique to
the western sense of things.

The Lone Ranger never complained about Tonto. *Lewis & Clark had no
problems, nor did the Pilgrims. Why is your MIL complaining about cooking
corn or a turkey?

What? *Oh, not the same? *Never mind.

I was wondering what tribe? Cherokee? Hopi? Probably not a Mohican.

If he's talking about folks from India, don't the eat a lot of lamb.
Lamb tends to stink when being cooked.

-C-
Posted to alt.home.repair

Country wrote in
:

If he's talking about folks from India, don't the eat a lot of lamb.
Lamb tends to stink when being cooked.

-C-

It's not the lamb, it's the curry. Curry with lots of fenugreek stinks to
high heaven, and it sticks wherever it lands. The worst is the cheap curry
used by Sri Lankans. I know exactly what the OP means, and the only cure is
to move to different premises.

--
Tegger

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tegger wrote in
:

It's not the lamb, it's the curry. Curry with lots of fenugreek stinks
to high heaven, and it sticks wherever it lands.

The stink, I mean, not the curry.

--
Tegger
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 11:57:44 -0700 (PDT), Country
wrote:

On Mar 19, 11:38Â*am, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"oldyork90" wrote in message

My mother in-law lives in a high-rise apartment. Â*It was discovered by
the Tata Indians 2 years ago and is now 80%. Â*The nicest people you'd
ever want to meet, but the food! Â*The smells are, lets say, unique to
the western sense of things.

The Lone Ranger never complained about Tonto. Â*Lewis & Clark had no
problems, nor did the Pilgrims. Why is your MIL complaining about cooking
corn or a turkey?

What? Â*Oh, not the same? Â*Never mind.

I was wondering what tribe? Cherokee? Hopi? Probably not a Mohican.

Isn't it the Mohawks that like high-rise? I'm not sure.

If he's talking about folks from India, don't the eat a lot of lamb.
Lamb tends to stink when being cooked.

-C-

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 19, 10:51*am, oldyork90 wrote:
My mother in-law lives in a high-rise apartment. *It was discovered by
the Tata Indians 2 years ago and is now 80%. *The nicest people you'd
ever want to meet, but the food! *The smells are, let’s say, unique to
the western sense of things.

Her apartment is ventilated with forced air. *Are there contraptions
we can put on the registers (carbon filters...) that could get rid of
the smell. *Forget free standing units... once this smell is in, it
rules.

My wife is a Realtor. She had a house to sell that had been lived in
by Indians (the Country). It took a couple of months of airing out,
but the smell did subside.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tegger" wrote in message ...

Country wrote in
:

If he's talking about folks from India, don't the eat a lot of lamb.
Lamb tends to stink when being cooked.

-C-

It's not the lamb, it's the curry. Curry with lots of fenugreek stinks to
high heaven, and it sticks wherever it lands. The worst is the cheap curry
used by Sri Lankans. I know exactly what the OP means, and the only cure is
to move to different premises.

Somebody in an apt building I used to live in regularly cooked something
that to me smelled a lot like week-old roadkill, I wonder if this is the
smell you all are talking about? Lingered on in the hallways for at least a
day afterward. I guess it must've been edible since they lived to cook the
stuff again. Or maybe they had a pet buzzard. Anyway, from the scent of the
spices I sorta guessed it was Indian cooking - which I never before had any
problem with. At least, I've never been to an Indian restaurant and been
offered anything that smelled like a damn dead dog.