Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Washing Machine AC motor

Hi,
I have a used Washing Machine AC motor, it has 3 cables, two of them
are connected with starting capacitor and the other one direct to AC
main(220V). Now I want to use this motor and connect to AC main power
(220V), how to connect to AC main?
Thanks

Yanto
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/2011 2:12 AM, yanto wrote:
Hi,
I have a used Washing Machine AC motor, it has 3 cables, two of them
are connected with starting capacitor and the other one direct to AC
main(220V). Now I want to use this motor and connect to AC main power
(220V), how to connect to AC main?
Thanks

Yanto

Obviously one side of the mains would connect to one of the terminals on
the capacitor. I assume you are in a country that has 220volts AC 50Hz
power for your regular power outlets? Here in the US, the lead on the
capacitor that would be connected to the neutral will be brown with a
white stripe and there is usually a label on the motor that has a wiring
diagram. Not knowing what type of motor you have I can only make a SWAG.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 14, 8:12*am, yanto wrote:
Hi,
I have a used Washing Machine AC motor, it has 3 cables, two of them
are connected with starting capacitor and the other one direct to AC
main(220V). Now I want to use this motor and connect to AC main power
(220V), how to connect to AC main?
Thanks

Yanto

This is a single phase motor and is not self starting. It has a start
winding and a run winding. The start winding is sometimes permanently
connected, sometimes switched out when the motor is up to speed with
a centrifugal switch.
Both windings are connected across the mains, the start winding has
the capacitor connected in series with it and maybe/maybe not a
centrifugal switch.
To reverse the motor reverse the connections of one of the windings
(but not both).