Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - ...and the snow begins in northern VT

few inches of light snow for today, tomorrow 2-3" per hour.

Think the Possum Van will be in drydock for tomorrow.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 1, 9:23*am, Red Green wrote:

few inches of light snow for today, tomorrow 2-3" per hour.

Think the Possum Van will be in drydock for tomorrow.

I know a lot of regulations are relaxed in VT, but possums shouldn't
be driving in the first place. They're horrible drivers and don't
wear seat belts. That's why you see them lying dead on the road after
they've been ejected from the car. Very sad.

We're getting what looks to be a relatively minor ice storm on LI.
How much are they predicting you'll get, Red?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RicodJour" wrote in message
On Feb 1, 9:23 am, Red Green wrote:

few inches of light snow for today, tomorrow 2-3" per hour.

Think the Possum Van will be in drydock for tomorrow.

I know a lot of regulations are relaxed in VT, but possums shouldn't
be driving in the first place.

============

Why not possums? Dead and/or blind people are allowed to drive in all 50
states.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 17:27:57 +0000 (UTC), Tegger
wrote:

RicodJour wrote in news:7b9c869c-55a0-4d82-9356-
:

On Feb 1, 9:23Â*am, Red Green wrote:

few inches of light snow for today, tomorrow 2-3" per hour.

Think the Possum Van will be in drydock for tomorrow.

I know a lot of regulations are relaxed in VT, but possums shouldn't
be driving in the first place. They're horrible drivers and don't
wear seat belts. That's why you see them lying dead on the road after
they've been ejected from the car. Very sad.

Plus they need so many phone books piled-up to be able to see over the
dashboard that the books themselves are a safety hazard.

We're getting what looks to be a relatively minor ice storm on LI.
How much are they predicting you'll get, Red?

In my area (Ontario), they're predicting up to 10" by tomorrow afternoon.
But given their accuracy so far this winter, I think we'll get an inch.

I'm in Ontario too, and since we've dodged all the "big ones" so far
this winter, a foot or more won't surprise me at all. Then again, nor
will 4 inches.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in news:BsV1p.24637
:

"RicodJour" wrote in message
On Feb 1, 9:23 am, Red Green wrote:

few inches of light snow for today, tomorrow 2-3" per hour.

Think the Possum Van will be in drydock for tomorrow.

I know a lot of regulations are relaxed in VT, but possums shouldn't
be driving in the first place.

============

Why not possums? Dead and/or blind people are allowed to drive in all 50
states.

And Toonces drove.

(old SNL skit)
Posted to alt.home.repair

"RicodJour" wrote in message
On Feb 1, 9:23 am, Red Green wrote:

few inches of light snow for today, tomorrow 2-3" per hour.

Think the Possum Van will be in drydock for tomorrow.

I know a lot of regulations are relaxed in VT, but possums shouldn't
be driving in the first place.

============

Why not possums? Dead and/or blind people are allowed to drive in all 50
states.

And Toonces drove.

But he didn't drive *well*.

(old SNL skit)

Back when SNL was funny. I tape it - watch the intro- FF to the
news- and delete it. [I watched all of Betty White's show- she was
in every skit!]

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Elbrecht wrote in
:

On Tue, 01 Feb 2011 23:14:20 GMT, Red Green
wrote:

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
news:BsV1p.24637 :

"RicodJour" wrote in message

... On Feb 1, 9:23 am, Red Green wrote:

few inches of light snow for today, tomorrow 2-3" per hour.

Think the Possum Van will be in drydock for tomorrow.

I know a lot of regulations are relaxed in VT, but possums shouldn't
be driving in the first place.

============

Why not possums? Dead and/or blind people are allowed to drive in
all 50 states.

And Toonces drove.

But he didn't drive *well*.

(old SNL skit)

Back when SNL was funny. I tape it - watch the intro- FF to the
news- and delete it. [I watched all of Betty White's show- she was
in every skit!]

Jim

That was a good one Jim. Her and her muffin...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 1, 8:23*am, Red Green wrote:
few inches of light snow for today, tomorrow 2-3" per hour.

Think the Possum Van will be in drydock for tomorrow.

I will trade you two inches of ice for a foot of snow.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Western NY. We had 8-16 inches snow predicted for Wednesday
Feb 02, 2011. Actual measure on the back step is about 2
inches new snow.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Tegger" wrote in message

In my area (Ontario), they're predicting up to 10" by
tomorrow afternoon.
But given their accuracy so far this winter, I think we'll
get an inch.

--
Tegger

Posted to alt.home.repair

Do you have a two inch pointy hair boss, with your two inch
ofice?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Han" wrote in message

I will trade you two inches of ice for a foot of snow.

We have 2 inches ofice in North Jersey ... Anyone can come
and get it.

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/1/2011 8:23 AM, Red Green wrote:
few inches of light snow for today, tomorrow 2-3" per hour.

Think the Possum Van will be in drydock for tomorrow.

Well, here in Tulsa we aren't used to heavy snows. We had 14 inches
yesterday and it may take the rest of the week to start getting
back to normal. There are hardly any cars moving on the streets,
they can't get around the ones that are stuck, including a few
snow plows. I expect the snow you are supposed to get is what
we had yesterday.

Bill

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message

stuff snipped

Back when SNL was funny. I tape it - watch the intro- FF to the
news- and delete it. [I watched all of Betty White's show- she was
in every skit!]

So true. I can watch SNL now in about 5 minutes with a DVR and FF. The
only episode I missed so far *was* the Betty White one )-: so I've been
watching the rerun listings to try again. Saw her in "Community" though -
hilarious. Especially the blowgun and "getting dirt roaded" parts. I hope
I still have my chops like she does when I am her age. I can remember her
from B&W TV and "Password." She has real comic timing and like Cloris
Leachman has become one of the few highly successful "grandma" comedians.

Gotta go charge up all my batteries for the coming storm of the century.
Wait, wasn't that the three feet of snow we had in last year's storm of the
century?

FWIW, the local news dreamed up a new weather condition. Last night, we
were told to expect "ice pellets" as if some angry giant with a huge pellet
gun was up in the clouds. Last time I checked those pellets were known as
hail, and in this case, never materialized. It did seem to inspire more
panic than usual, though.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote in news:Xns9E7F5F8D3DA90RedGreen@
69.16.185.252:

few inches of light snow for today, tomorrow 2-3" per hour.

Think the Possum Van will be in drydock for tomorrow.

Still snowing, heavy :-(

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:iibnip
:

Western NY. We had 8-16 inches snow predicted for Wednesday
Feb 02, 2011. Actual measure on the back step is about 2
inches new snow.

We ended up getting maybe half of the 10" they originally promised, but the
wind piled it up into drifts well over a foot high.

--
Tegger
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/1/2011 9:15 AM, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
wrote in message
On Feb 1, 9:23 am, Red wrote:

few inches of light snow for today, tomorrow 2-3" per hour.

Think the Possum Van will be in drydock for tomorrow.

I know a lot of regulations are relaxed in VT, but possums shouldn't
be driving in the first place.

============

Why not possums? Dead and/or blind people are allowed to drive in all 50
states.

Hell, dead Democrats vote in Chicago. :-)

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 09:12:00 -0500, "Robert Green"
wrote:

[...]

Ice pellets and hail are VASTLY different animals. More like sleet,
but different again.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Robert Green" wrote in news:iicg48$ae$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

http://images.usatoday.com/weather/photos/canice.jpg

Transmission towers it looks to me.

It Begins RBnDFW Metalworking 0 August 9th 10 05:10 PM
It Begins Wes[_5_] Metalworking 0 August 8th 10 11:55 PM
It Begins Don Foreman Metalworking 0 August 8th 10 06:09 PM
Snow-shovel; snow sticks to it: how to make slippery? David Combs Home Repair 27 January 4th 10 08:05 AM
WAY OT - HOW TO MAKE SNOW AND BUILD A HOMEMADE SNOW GUN J T Woodworking 0 August 6th 04 06:41 AM