Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - ...and the snow begins in northern VT

On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 09:12:00 -0500, "Robert Green"
wrote:

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message

stuff snipped

Back when SNL was funny. I tape it - watch the intro- FF to the
news- and delete it. [I watched all of Betty White's show- she was
in every skit!]

So true. I can watch SNL now in about 5 minutes with a DVR and FF. The
only episode I missed so far *was* the Betty White one )-: so I've been
watching the rerun listings to try again. Saw her in "Community" though -
hilarious. Especially the blowgun and "getting dirt roaded" parts. I hope
I still have my chops like she does when I am her age. I can remember her
from B&W TV and "Password." She has real comic timing and like Cloris
Leachman has become one of the few highly successful "grandma" comedians.

Gotta go charge up all my batteries for the coming storm of the century.
Wait, wasn't that the three feet of snow we had in last year's storm of the
century?

FWIW, the local news dreamed up a new weather condition. Last night, we
were told to expect "ice pellets" as if some angry giant with a huge pellet
gun was up in the clouds. Last time I checked those pellets were known as
hail, and in this case, never materialized. It did seem to inspire more
panic than usual, though.

Ice pellets and hail are VASTLY different animals. More like sleet,
but different again.