Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Skill batteries?

The local Blowes has a pile of clearance items, lot's of different tool
chargers, but none I can use. Also are 2 12 volt NiCad battery packs
with the Skill name on them for $10. Sorry no model #. In general what
are your experiences with cordless Skill tool batteries?

I'm considering getting them to open up and put the batteries in a
different tool, just using the skill batteries and tossing the housing.
I'm guessing Skill doesn't have very good batteries, just checking
here for backup.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/21/2011 11:25 AM Tony Miklos spake thus:

The local Blowes has a pile of clearance items, lot's of different tool
chargers, but none I can use. Also are 2 12 volt NiCad battery packs
with the Skill name on them for $10. Sorry no model #. In general what
are your experiences with cordless Skill tool batteries?

I'm considering getting them to open up and put the batteries in a
different tool, just using the skill batteries and tossing the housing.
I'm guessing Skill doesn't have very good batteries, just checking
here for backup.

Dunno about Skill; perhaps you mean Skil?

who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tony Miklos" wrote in message ...

The local Blowes has a pile of clearance items, lot's of different tool
chargers, but none I can use. Also are 2 12 volt NiCad battery packs
with the Skill name on them for $10. Sorry no model #. In general what
are your experiences with cordless Skill tool batteries?

I'm considering getting them to open up and put the batteries in a
different tool, just using the skill batteries and tossing the housing.
I'm guessing Skill doesn't have very good batteries, just checking
here for backup.

---------------------

Skil are owned by Bosch. See if any of the Batteries can work with a Bosch
product. Also Dremel are owned by Bosch. maybe some dremel products can
use a Skil battery.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tony Miklos" wrote in message
The local Blowes has a pile of clearance items, lot's of different tool
chargers, but none I can use. Also are 2 12 volt NiCad battery packs with
the Skill name on them for $10. Sorry no model #. In general what are
your experiences with cordless Skill tool batteries?

I'm considering getting them to open up and put the batteries in a
different tool, just using the skill batteries and tossing the housing.
I'm guessing Skill doesn't have very good batteries, just checking here
for backup.

I buy batteries like that (NiCads) and rebuild the ones I have for my tools.
WW

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 21, 1:25*pm, Tony Miklos wrote:
The local Blowes has a pile of clearance items, lot's of different tool
chargers, but none I can use. *Also are 2 12 volt NiCad battery packs
with the Skill name on them for $10. *Sorry no model #. *In general what
are your experiences with cordless Skill tool batteries?

I'm considering getting them to open up and put the batteries in a
different tool, just using the skill batteries and tossing the housing.
* I'm guessing Skill doesn't have very good batteries, just checking
here for backup.

There are quality batteries from companies such Panasonic, Sanyo,
Energiser, Duracell. There is alot of cheap chinese crap out there. Id
say dont buy its a waste. You are getting Crap.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 14:25:05 -0500, Tony Miklos
wrote:

I'm considering getting them to open up

It's hard to get battery cases to open up. You have to be really
sensitive to their feelings so they feel they can trust you.

and put the batteries in a
different tool, just using the skill batteries and tossing the housing.
I'm guessing Skill doesn't have very good batteries, just checking
here for backup.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I'm considering getting them to open up

It's hard to get battery cases to open up. You have to be really
sensitive to their feelings so they feel they can trust you.

I've have some issues with those cases. Maybe it just won't work out.

OT, but still a skill. Ed Pawlowski[_2_] Woodworking 21 February 15th 10 10:20 PM
OT Skill 77 at HD cm[_2_] Woodworking 4 September 9th 09 01:24 PM
Skill with a Skill Swingman Woodworking 54 March 16th 09 01:47 AM
Suburban survival skill #204 The Sanity Inspector Home Repair 4 December 12th 07 12:06 AM
Skill saw for thick steel? Richard Ferguson Metalworking 8 April 28th 05 08:50 PM