Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT, but still a skill.

Check this out. He reproduced what seems to be and entire town. The cars
are die cast models.

.....for the people here who appreciate workmanship and skill:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2479674...th/2346008881/

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/12/10 10:25 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Check this out. He reproduced what seems to be and entire town. The
cars are die cast models.

....for the people here who appreciate workmanship and skill:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2479674...th/2346008881/

INSANE!

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Check this out. He reproduced what seems to be and entire town.
The cars
are die cast models.

....for the people here who appreciate workmanship and skill:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2479674...th/2346008881/

He knows a thing or two about photography too.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
Check this out. He reproduced what seems to be and entire town. The
cars are die cast models.

....for the people here who appreciate workmanship and skill:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2479674...th/2346008881/

Wow!

The man has far more patience and time than I have!

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

Check this out. He reproduced what seems to be and entire town.
The cars are die cast models.

-----------------------
Brings back a lot of memories, especially those Studebakers.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Check this out. He reproduced what seems to be and entire town. The
cars are die cast models.

....for the people here who appreciate workmanship and skill:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2479674...th/2346008881/

Wow! The attention to detail is absolutely awesome. Must have been
painstaking to make all that look that good and authentic.

Thanks for sharing, that guy is good!

Rob Leatham

Posted to rec.woodworking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Check this out. He reproduced what seems to be and entire town. The cars
are die cast models.

....for the people here who appreciate workmanship and skill:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2479674...th/2346008881/

The thing that gives it away is that everything is too clean. A little
litter here and there would make it perfect. Awesome job!

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Why are Chinese fortune cookies
written in English?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 12, 11:25*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
Check this out. * He reproduced what seems to be and entire town. *The cars
are die cast models.

....for the people here who appreciate workmanship and skill:http://www.flickr.com/photos/2479674...247242338/show...

Astounding and outstanding! Thanks for posting that link.

If the streets were a little messier, some of the shots, many in fact,
would seem quite real.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 12, 11:56*pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
Check this out. * He reproduced what seems to be and entire town.
The cars are die cast models.

-----------------------
Brings back a lot of memories, especially those Studebakers.

Lew

The green Stude looks like a '52 that was our family car n '54-'56 or
so. My father was a mechanic at Mt. Vernon (NY) Studebaker/Packard
back then.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 13, 10:17*am, Charlie Self wrote:

Astounding and outstanding! Thanks for posting that link.

If the streets were a little messier, some of the shots, many in fact,
would seem quite real.

I'll second that! That was amazing.

And the only thing that was off was the lack of trash, which sadly we
are all used to seeing on the streets.

What a talented guy.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

Where is Elgin Park ?

Smitty

###################################
Check this out. * He reproduced what seems to be and entire town. *The cars
are die cast models.

....for the people here who appreciate workmanship and skill:http://www.flickr.com/photos/2479674...247242338/show...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2010-02-13 11:19:09 -0500, Charlie Self said:

The green Stude looks like a '52 that was our family car n '54-'56 or
so. My father was a mechanic at Mt. Vernon (NY) Studebaker/Packard
back then.

There are three Studes in those shots -- a Black Cherry* Starlight
Coupe, the green car you mention, and a green-over-green convertible in
the "Studebaker Salesroom at Night" shot (and, possibly, a rear-view
shot of that model in one of the parking lots shots).

The green car is also a Starlight. The black cherry coupe is a '51;
most people who remember Studes semm to have fixated on that bullet
nose ("Uncle Ernie had one of those!"). But it only appeared in two
model years, 1950 and 1951. The '50s' bulllet had four vanes; the '51,
just three as with the car on the street. The '52 had two low grilles,
separated by an inverted chrome vee extending from the lip of the hood.
We really can't tell the date of the green car, but let's call it a
'52, anyway.

1953 was Studebaker's stunner -- the long low "Loewy** coupe," with
"European styling."

*Yep, that was the name of the paint color.
**Bob Bourke styled the car; Loewy was his boss and the salesman. Loewy
Associates was a contracted industrial design firm responsible for
Stuebaker's most celebrated design successes -- the 1939 Champion, the
1946 Starlight Coupe which introduced the wrap-around rear windows
which gave birth to the "which way is it going?" joke, the estimable
bullet-nose, the '53, and the 1963-64 Avanti. If that weren't enough,
Bourke (under Loewy) styled the 1949 Studebaker R-series pickup, which
redefined that market, and is echoed (hell, they admitted it!) in
Dodge's modern series of trucks.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Gerald Ross" wrote in message
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Check this out. He reproduced what seems to be and entire town. The
cars are die cast models.

....for the people here who appreciate workmanship and skill:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2479674...th/2346008881/

The thing that gives it away is that everything is too clean. A little
litter here and there would make it perfect. Awesome job!

Give the guy a break. When's the last time you tried to find 1/24 scale
candy wrappers, paper cups, and cigarette butts?

B.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Steve" wrote in message
1953 was Studebaker's stunner -- the long low "Loewy** coupe," with
"European styling."

Put it next to a Mustang and you can see where Ford got its better idea.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Steve" wrote in message
The green car is also a Starlight. The black cherry coupe is a '51; most
people who remember Studes semm to have fixated on that bullet nose
("Uncle Ernie had one of those!"). But it only appeared in two model
years, 1950 and 1951. The '50s' bulllet had four vanes; the '51, just
three as with the car on the street. The '52 had two low grilles,
separated by an inverted chrome vee extending from the lip of the hood. We
really can't tell the date of the green car, but let's call it a '52,
anyway.

Starting in 1950, Studebaker was rather distinguished in its styling.
Previous years they were very similar to other cars on the road. You can
see a selection of different models here
http://www.hubcapcafe.com/ocs/pages01/stud5003.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 13, 6:08*pm, Steve wrote:
On 2010-02-13 11:19:09 -0500, Charlie Self said:

[...]

Yeah, well...our '52 had no bullet, but my first car, a '50 four door
did have one. Also had a hillholder, a neat little device that was
especially handy when the driving license tester had me pull up to a
stop sign on the incline. When I was 19, I wanted one of the Golden
Hawks, but "settled" for a '57 Chev 283, dual 4s, 10-1 compression
ratio, 3/4 race Duntov cam, close ration stick on the tree. Sumbitch
had a clutch on it that still makes my left knee ache! I went in the
Marines and my mother tried to drive it. She sold it the next day.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 13, 10:44*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message
The green car is also a Starlight. The black cherry coupe is a '51; most
people who remember Studes semm to have fixated on that bullet nose
("Uncle Ernie had one of those!"). But it only appeared in two model
years, 1950 and 1951. The '50s' bulllet had four vanes; the '51, just
three as with the car on the street. The '52 had two low grilles,
separated by an inverted chrome vee extending from the lip of the hood. We
really can't tell the date of the green car, but let's call it a '52,
anyway.

Starting in 1950, Studebaker was rather distinguished in its styling.
Previous years they were very similar to other cars on the road. *You can
see a selection of different models herehttp://www.hubcapcafe.com/ocs/pages01/stud5003.htm

Studebaker remains one of the dollar orphans of the classic car hit
parade. I've seen Silver and Golden Hawks that need no real work go
for less than $7,000...before the bubble burst. A Chev Bel Air Power
Pack hardtop in similar condition will go for 10-12 times as much.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 13, 12:38*pm, "
wrote:
On Feb 13, 10:17*am, Charlie Self wrote:

Astounding and outstanding! Thanks for posting that link.

If the streets were a little messier, some of the shots, many in fact,
would seem quite real.

I'll second that! *That was amazing.

And the only thing that was off was the lack of trash, which sadly we
are all used to seeing on the streets.

Many years ago ('94), I was given a 3D CAD drawing of a car dealership
that the architect wanted rendered as photo-realistically as I could.
I remember having a rough time getting the asphalt texture 'just
right'. When I showed the architect the rendering, his first reaction
was: "too clean." He made me add some tar-strips, road repair and some
cracks in the curbs. It wasn't until I added a telephone pole with
some torn posters that he became happy with 'the feel.'
A lot of the cgi people are getting very good at this by adding
aberrations and noise.
The people at Playboy and mags like it could learn a thing or two
about 'realism'.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/14/2010 2:53 PM, Robatoy wrote:

The people at Playboy and mags like it could learn a thing or two
about 'realism'.

Yep ... not much appeal to a real, airbrushed cameltoe.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 14, 4:48*pm, Swingman wrote:
On 2/14/2010 2:53 PM, Robatoy wrote:

The people at Playboy and mags like it could learn a thing or two
about 'realism'.

Yep ... not much appeal to a real, airbrushed cameltoe.

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Cameltoe..a whole new meaning to "read my lips."

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 23:45:38 -0500, the infamous "J. Clarke"
scrawled the following:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Check this out. He reproduced what seems to be and entire town.
The cars
are die cast models.

....for the people here who appreciate workmanship and skill:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2479674...th/2346008881/

He knows a thing or two about photography too.

UFR!

--
It's a great life...once you weaken.
--author James Hogan
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 15:15:16 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy
scrawled the following:

On Feb 14, 4:48*pm, Swingman wrote:
On 2/14/2010 2:53 PM, Robatoy wrote:

The people at Playboy and mags like it could learn a thing or two
about 'realism'.

Yep ... not much appeal to a real, airbrushed cameltoe.

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Cameltoe..a whole new meaning to "read my lips."

I lick my lips thinking about them. Mmm, mmm, Good!

OT Skill 77 at HD cm[_2_] Woodworking 4 September 9th 09 01:24 PM
Skill with a Skill Swingman Woodworking 54 March 16th 09 01:47 AM
Suburban survival skill #204 The Sanity Inspector Home Repair 4 December 12th 07 12:06 AM
Skill saw for thick steel? Richard Ferguson Metalworking 8 April 28th 05 08:50 PM
What kind of blade do I need for this skill saw? Blake Patterson Home Repair 6 January 29th 05 05:18 PM