Posted to alt.home.repair

Default O.T. When buying fish.

Some markets are advertising and selling fillets of Pangasius
Hypothalmus as Bass. Pangasius Hypothalmus is a species of Catfish and
is NOT Bass. The taxonomy for Bass is Micropterus Salmoides.
Before purchasing you should ask to know the name of the taxonomy for
the fish that you are buying or ask to see the case or box the fish
was shipped in so you can read it.
Welcome to the twenty-first century where you have to know the
scientific genus name before eating something.

I could have posted this on some consumer group but I don稚 think much
of anyone reads those. I知 guessing that this information will be
disseminated faster here. Please correct me if I知 wrong.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article
,
Molly Brown wrote:

jibber jabber

I could have posted this on some consumer group but I donケt think much
of anyone reads those. Iケm guessing that this information will be
disseminated faster here. Please correct me if Iケm wrong.

You're wrong.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 12, 12:07*am, Molly Brown wrote:
Some markets are advertising and selling fillets of Pangasius
Hypothalmus as Bass. Pangasius Hypothalmus is a species of Catfish and
is NOT Bass. The taxonomy for Bass is Micropterus Salmoides.
Before purchasing you should ask to know the name of the taxonomy for
the fish that you are buying or ask to see the case or box the fish
was shipped in so you can read it.
Welcome to the twenty-first century where you have to know the
scientific genus name before eating something.

I could have posted this on some consumer group but I don稚 think much
of anyone reads those. I知 guessing that this information will be
disseminated faster here. Please correct me if I知 wrong.

Buy only Hot Dogs, you know they came from Hot Dogs. Fake Crab meat is
good , its from the Fake Crab/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/12/2011 1:07 AM, Molly Brown wrote:
Some markets are advertising and selling fillets of Pangasius
Hypothalmus as Bass. Pangasius Hypothalmus is a species of Catfish and
is NOT Bass. The taxonomy for Bass is Micropterus Salmoides.
Before purchasing you should ask to know the name of the taxonomy for
the fish that you are buying or ask to see the case or box the fish
was shipped in so you can read it.
Welcome to the twenty-first century where you have to know the
scientific genus name before eating something.

I could have posted this on some consumer group but I don稚 think much
of anyone reads those. I知 guessing that this information will be
disseminated faster here. Please correct me if I知 wrong.

Also, let it be known, swai is catfish.
Women shouldn't eat fish, because, um, it makes them smell fishy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 01:07:07 -0800, ransley wrote:
Buy only Hot Dogs

You mean cold dogs; they're not hot until they're heated. Actually, I
suppose nobody knows the temperature of the immediate environment in
advance - they should really be ambient temperature dogs...

cheers

Jules

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/12/2011 08:17 AM, Frank wrote:
On 1/12/2011 1:07 AM, Molly Brown wrote:
Some markets are advertising and selling fillets of Pangasius
Hypothalmus as Bass. Pangasius Hypothalmus is a species of Catfish and
is NOT Bass. The taxonomy for Bass is Micropterus Salmoides.
Before purchasing you should ask to know the name of the taxonomy for
the fish that you are buying or ask to see the case or box the fish
was shipped in so you can read it.
Welcome to the twenty-first century where you have to know the
scientific genus name before eating something.

I could have posted this on some consumer group but I don稚 think much
of anyone reads those. I知 guessing that this information will be
disseminated faster here. Please correct me if I知 wrong.

Also, let it be known, swai is catfish.
Women shouldn't eat fish, because, um, it makes them smell fishy.

In all seriousness, there are some concerns with pregnant women and some
types of fish, due to possible mercury levels or other contaminants.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote in :

On 1/12/2011 1:07 AM, Molly Brown wrote:
Some markets are advertising and selling fillets of Pangasius
Hypothalmus as Bass. Pangasius Hypothalmus is a species of Catfish and
is NOT Bass. The taxonomy for Bass is Micropterus Salmoides.
Before purchasing you should ask to know the name of the taxonomy for
the fish that you are buying or ask to see the case or box the fish
was shipped in so you can read it.
Welcome to the twenty-first century where you have to know the
scientific genus name before eating something.

I could have posted this on some consumer group but I don't think much
of anyone reads those. I'm guessing that this information will be
disseminated faster here. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, let it be known, swai is catfish.
Women shouldn't eat fish, because, um, it makes them smell fishy.

....and they're dangerous.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...vSRLgZ1tbHNPrQ

Tuna fish Gunner Asch[_4_] Metalworking 1 June 18th 09 01:45 AM
Tuna fish Wes[_2_] Metalworking 0 June 16th 09 10:55 PM
So long, and thanks for all the fish James Sweet[_2_] Electronics Repair 7 June 13th 08 09:10 AM
one big aSs Fish U S Contractors Offering Service A Non-profit Home Repair 0 November 21st 06 06:30 AM
FISH PUZZLE J T Woodworking 0 March 15th 05 05:11 AM