Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default O.T. When buying fish.

Frank wrote in :

On 1/12/2011 1:07 AM, Molly Brown wrote:
Some markets are advertising and selling fillets of Pangasius
Hypothalmus as Bass. Pangasius Hypothalmus is a species of Catfish and
is NOT Bass. The taxonomy for Bass is Micropterus Salmoides.
Before purchasing you should ask to know the name of the taxonomy for
the fish that you are buying or ask to see the case or box the fish
was shipped in so you can read it.
Welcome to the twenty-first century where you have to know the
scientific genus name before eating something.

I could have posted this on some consumer group but I don't think much
of anyone reads those. I'm guessing that this information will be
disseminated faster here. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, let it be known, swai is catfish.
Women shouldn't eat fish, because, um, it makes them smell fishy.

....and they're dangerous.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...vSRLgZ1tbHNPrQ