Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Microwave necropsy

I'm still a little fuzzy on exactly what this beast is- an over-stove
micro with a shared control panel, or one of those stacked oven things?

It is a microwave over an oven. The face of the microwave has a control
panel for the MW, and a stacked one for the oven. The two pieces are joined
by sheetmetal enclosures. There are two motherboards, one for the MW, and
one for the oven. It is one BIG honking unit. I hate microwaves over ovens
or stoves, but sometimes you must use them for the space available.

I foresee a new very large oven on the event horizon, and present Panasonic
inverter MW on the countertop.

My book will be coming out soon, and maybe with the promotion of that, I can
get a decent large oven. The local ReStore, (Habitat for Humanity) has some
killer deals once in a while on good stuff. My DIL spent $2600 for a
replacement MW and oven for this unit, but she likes to get the biggest and
best, and inherent bragging rights.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What book is that

On Sun, 9 Jan 2011 13:58:18 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote Re Microwave necropsy:

My book will be coming out soon,

What book is that? What's it about?