Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Microwave necropsy

"Michael B" wrote in message
That capacitor is for the magnetron function, and rated for
over a thousand volts.
It has been inexpertly modified, possibly including a different
magnetron transformer.
The schematic diagram for a microwave is actually very simple,
and so are some of the technicians that purport to repair them.

Walk away from it. There are replacements that do the job.
And a standalone unit could be a better choice. Funeral
services can easily run over 5 thousand dollars.

reply:

My wife brings me home projects and involves me in things like one of those
people who cannot turn down a stray cat or dog that becomes a money hole.

This oven MW combo has the proprietary one piece control panel that controls
both the oven and MW. To take it off will be a hassle, or to try to use
just the oven and control panel. We'll see. Maybe I can find someone smart
enough to pull this one out, and get the MW working.

Steve