Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Propwe Humidifier %

Got a new humidifier. I can choose the % level I want it to make the
humidity. Of course the higher I set it, the more water it uses. And
it can use a lot!

Anyway what would be a good % level to set this sucker at?

Thanks

Duke
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Proper Humidifier %

On Thu, 06 Jan 2011 21:02:04 -0500, Nate Nagel
wrote:

typically you want your indoor space at 45-55% RH. in the winter, when
you're actually using the humidifier, shoot for 45% and don't be
surprised if it's hard to achieve. If you get condensation on the
insides of your windows turn it down until the condensation goes away.

good luck

nate

Thanks

Wow! I think that % would use many water refills of my humidifier. It
has two tanks each 3-5 (about 2'L X 2 1/2'H X 2"W) gallons big. The
water goes fast!

Duke

Posted to alt.home.repair

The number may or may not give you an accurate humidity. I
set mine where it's comfortable, but not high enough that
water collects on the insides of windows. Mine can dispense
up to two galons of water per day.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
Got a new humidifier. I can choose the % level I want it to
make the
humidity. Of course the higher I set it, the more water it
uses. And
it can use a lot!

Anyway what would be a good % level to set this sucker at?

Thanks

Duke

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/7/2011 6:14 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
The number may or may not give you an accurate humidity. I
set mine where it's comfortable, but not high enough that
water collects on the insides of windows. Mine can dispense
up to two galons of water per day.

I have a big pot of water on the stove set on low flame. I walk
through the kitchen a few times a day and check the water level,
refilling as necessary. Of course, it's turned off whenever I
leave the house. The ceiling fans keep everything stirred up. :-)

TDD

Humidifier [email protected] Home Repair 12 November 25th 05 11:01 PM
Humidifier Brad Bruce Home Repair 11 October 11th 05 10:12 PM
Humidifier [email protected] Home Ownership 1 February 1st 05 03:21 AM
humidifier - which one is best? Eric Home Repair 8 January 7th 05 11:20 PM
Humidifier Matt Home Repair 7 December 21st 04 06:06 AM