Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Humidifier

What's the best kind of whole-house humidifier to buy? I've seen a
small mist type that requires a really small hole in the furnace duct
and then a much larger kind that requires a much larger hole and it's
only duct attaching to the furnace duct.

Mike

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

April Air has good units and a model with an outside thermometer, that
you set to just before condensation and forget. It then automaticly
keeps the humidity at an optimum level based on outside temps.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

What's the best kind of whole-house humidifier to buy?

Caulk, which will reduce vs increase your heating bill.
Dry houses leak too much air in wintertime.

Nick

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.engr.heat-vent-ac

Default MPI FCX oil-fired condensing boiler

Anyone have any experience with the MPI FCX oil-fired condensing boiler?

Nick

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Nicks favorite dumb answer "Caulk"

Posted to alt.home.repair
CBHVAC

wrote in message

What's the best kind of whole-house humidifier to buy?

Caulk, which will reduce vs increase your heating bill.
Dry houses leak too much air in wintertime.

Nick

Caulk does not rectify the low humidity issue..

Altho...your comment about a dry home, leaking too much air is hilarious.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

CBHVAC wrote:
wrote in message

What's the best kind of whole-house humidifier to buy?

Caulk, which will reduce vs increase your heating bill.
Dry houses leak too much air in wintertime.

Nick

Caulk does not rectify the low humidity issue..

Altho...your comment about a dry home, leaking too much air is
hilarious.

There is some truth to the idea. I doubt if calking is going to make
enough of a difference to notice however.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
CBHVAC

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
CBHVAC wrote:
wrote in message

What's the best kind of whole-house humidifier to buy?

Caulk, which will reduce vs increase your heating bill.
Dry houses leak too much air in wintertime.

Nick

Caulk does not rectify the low humidity issue..

Altho...your comment about a dry home, leaking too much air is
hilarious.

There is some truth to the idea. I doubt if calking is going to make
enough of a difference to notice however.

Well, I understand what he means....tighten the home up and keep moisture
that is already produced in the home in....
however...

If you take air thats 50% humidity at 45F, its still gonna be dry as a bone
when you figure relative at 75F.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Bud

Joseph Meehan wrote:
wrote:
What's the best kind of whole-house humidifier to buy? I've seen a
small mist type that requires a really small hole in the furnace duct
and then a much larger kind that requires a much larger hole and it's
only duct attaching to the furnace duct.

Mike

http://www.aprilaire.com/

That is what I have and I can highly recommend it.

Ditto here.

Definitely take the time to hook up the outside temp probe so you don't
have to mess with it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Are Honeywell humidifiers any good? Home Depot has Honeywell, but not
AprilAire.

Mike