Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Washcloth bar for In the shower

I just installed a new tub surround (SwanStone) and am looking for a
glue on (silicone caulk) washcloth bar. I've searched the net for
several hours and can't find any. The only things I'm finding are
screw in towel bars (for outside the shower). Does anyone have a good
site that sells them, or, a better search term than "shower washcloth
bar"?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/5/2011 10:15 PM, ToddP wrote:
I just installed a new tub surround (SwanStone) and am looking for a
glue on (silicone caulk) washcloth bar. I've searched the net for
several hours and can't find any. The only things I'm finding are
screw in towel bars (for outside the shower). Does anyone have a good
site that sells them, or, a better search term than "shower washcloth
bar"?

If you can put it in a spot where people WON'T use it as a grab bar, one
of the suction cup things would work. (IMHO, it ought to be illegal to
sell those as safety bars.) Or, if there is a flat spot without air
space behind it, just go ahead and install one of those stainless grab
bars. You'll need it one of these days anyway.

But having said all that- for just a washcloth, one of those self-stick
robe hooks works fine, if you can find one in a color you can tolerate.
Or, one of those gizmos that hangs off the shower head- many have
washcloth loops on them.

Not a fan of silicone caulk used as glue in a shower stall. Previous
owner used it to put up those horrid soap/conditioner/shampoo dispensers
in both my plastic shower and my tiled one. Took me hours to razor and
scrape the silicone off after I tore them down. Under a bright light you
can still see the ghosts of where they were.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 5, 9:15*pm, ToddP wrote:
I just installed a new tub surround (SwanStone) and am looking for a
glue on (silicone caulk) washcloth bar. *I've searched the net for
several hours and can't find any. *The only things I'm finding are
screw in towel bars (for outside the shower). *Does anyone have a good
site that sells them, or, a better search term than "shower washcloth
bar"?

Have you ever seen glued-on holders, or were they fastened into the
tiles or the grout between the tiles and then caulked to look like
they were glued on?
Posted to alt.home.repair

ToddP wrote:
I just installed a new tub surround (SwanStone) and am looking for a
glue on (silicone caulk) washcloth bar. I've searched the net for
several hours and can't find any. The only things I'm finding are
screw in towel bars (for outside the shower). Does anyone have a good
site that sells them, or, a better search term than "shower washcloth
bar"?

Bewa "caulk" is NOT "glue."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 6, 8:20*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
ToddP wrote:
I just installed a new tub surround (SwanStone) and am looking for a
glue on (silicone caulk) washcloth bar. *I've searched the net for
several hours and can't find any. *The only things I'm finding are
screw in towel bars (for outside the shower). *Does anyone have a good
site that sells them, or, a better search term than "shower washcloth
bar"?

Bewa "caulk" is NOT "glue."

SwanStone sure thinks so :-) That is how they say to adhere their
product to the cement backer board.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

ToddP wrote:
I just installed a new tub surround (SwanStone) and am looking for a
glue on (silicone caulk) washcloth bar. I've searched the net for
several hours and can't find any. The only things I'm finding are
screw in towel bars (for outside the shower). Does anyone have a good
site that sells them, or, a better search term than "shower washcloth
bar"?

Bewa "caulk" is NOT "glue."

"Adhesive caulk" is.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 5, 7:15*pm, ToddP wrote:
I just installed a new tub surround (SwanStone) and am looking for a
glue on (silicone caulk) washcloth bar. *I've searched the net for
several hours and can't find any. *The only things I'm finding are
screw in towel bars (for outside the shower). *Does anyone have a good
site that sells them, or, a better search term than "shower washcloth
bar"?

Maybe a shower head caddy would be good enough. Do a Google shopping
search to see pictures.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 06 Jan 2011 09:31:14 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

ToddP wrote:
I just installed a new tub surround (SwanStone) and am looking for a
glue on (silicone caulk) washcloth bar. I've searched the net for
several hours and can't find any. The only things I'm finding are
screw in towel bars (for outside the shower). Does anyone have a good
site that sells them, or, a better search term than "shower washcloth
bar"?

Bewa "caulk" is NOT "glue."

"Adhesive caulk" is.

Urethane caulk will "stick to a ball of lard". They build cars, buses
and box cars with it :-/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/5/2011 10:15 PM, ToddP wrote:
I just installed a new tub surround (SwanStone) and am looking for a
glue on (silicone caulk) washcloth bar. I've searched the net for
several hours and can't find any. The only things I'm finding are
screw in towel bars (for outside the shower). Does anyone have a good
site that sells them, or, a better search term than "shower washcloth
bar"?

You may have to cut and paste this link, but these things work GREAT!!!
They are also easily removable.

https://www.bindingsource.com/Produc...FcXD7Qod6VP0YQ
Posted to alt.home.repair

aemeijers wrote:
On 1/5/2011 10:15 PM, ToddP wrote:

I just installed a new tub surround (SwanStone) and am looking for a
glue on (silicone caulk) washcloth bar. I've searched the net for
several hours and can't find any. The only things I'm finding are
screw in towel bars (for outside the shower). Does anyone have a
good site that sells them, or, a better search term than "shower
washcloth bar"?

If you can put it in a spot where people WON'T use it as a grab bar,
one of the suction cup things would work.

Like this:

"http://www.thehomemarketplace.com/HomeMarketPlace/Shopping/ProductDetail.aspx?CID=Bathroom&SCID=Bathroom+Acce ssories&ProductID=0000123107&SourceCode=5050900000 2&mr:referralID=cfc69e31-1a5c-11e0-b21a-001b2166c2c0"

That's just an example, they come in a number of looks. I just have
a little suction cup thing that's meant to hold kitchen sponges. Whatever
it takes just to keep let the thing dry.

nancy

Posted to alt.home.repair

ToddP wrote:
I just installed a new tub surround (SwanStone) and am looking for a
glue on (silicone caulk) washcloth bar. I've searched the net for
several hours and can't find any. The only things I'm finding are
screw in towel bars (for outside the shower). Does anyone have a good
site that sells them, or, a better search term than "shower washcloth
bar"?

What's wrong with screws and caulk?

--
LSMFT