Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Let's all search....

I need a keyed door knob to match the one that I uploaded at
http://www.crsales.com/lock.htm and I simply can't find one. That is
where all of you come in. In your spare time please help me search the
Internet for one and if successful please post the link.

I almost hope that it is not easy for someone because I have been
searching for over an hour and would feel like a fool if someone come up
with one in record time.

Don

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 20:37:13 -0600, IGot2P wrote:

I need a keyed door knob to match the one that I uploaded at
http://www.crsales.com/lock.htm and I simply can't find one. That is
where all of you come in. In your spare time please help me search the
Internet for one and if successful please post the link.

I almost hope that it is not easy for someone because I have been
searching for over an hour and would feel like a fool if someone come up
with one in record time.

Don

How old are these knobs? Almost looks like ceramic (white portion).

An architectural salvage center near you?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/4/2011 6:48 PM Oren spake thus:

On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 20:37:13 -0600, IGot2P wrote:

I need a keyed door knob to match the one that I uploaded at
http://www.crsales.com/lock.htm and I simply can't find one. That
is where all of you come in. In your spare time please help me
search the Internet for one and if successful please post the link.

I almost hope that it is not easy for someone because I have been
searching for over an hour and would feel like a fool if someone
come up with one in record time.

How old are these knobs? Almost looks like ceramic (white portion).

An architectural salvage center near you?

Yep, that's going to be your best (and perhaps only) hope. If you're in
or near a major metro area in the U.S. or Canada at least, there's
probably at least one such place which may have old, matching (or at
least close) knobs.

You know, not everything in the world can be found over the internet ...

who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 4, 9:37*pm, IGot2P wrote:

I need a keyed door knob to match the one that I uploaded athttp://www.crsales.com/lock.htmand I simply can't find one. That is
where all of you come in. In your spare time please help me search the
Internet for one and if successful please post the link.

I almost hope that it is not easy for someone because I have been
searching for over an hour and would feel like a fool if someone come up
with one in record time.

Have standard knobs sprayed with automotive paint or powder coat knobs
to make a standard lockset appear similar. Unless there are two
locksets next to each other, you're the only one who will be any the
wiser.

Posted to alt.home.repair

IGot2P wrote:
I need a keyed door knob to match the one that I uploaded at
http://www.crsales.com/lock.htm and I simply can't find one. That is
where all of you come in. In your spare time please help me search the
Internet for one and if successful please post the link.

I almost hope that it is not easy for someone because I have been
searching for over an hour and would feel like a fool if someone come up
with one in record time.

Don

At risk of asking a silly question, have you checked Ebay?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 18:52:03 -0800, David Nebenzahl
wrote:

[...]

I almost got close G.

http://www.ioffer.com/i/high-quality-ceramic-door-knob-with-lock-porcelain-door-knob-0768-w16-sb-171381785
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/4/2011 9:37 PM, IGot2P wrote:
I need a keyed door knob to match the one that I uploaded at
http://www.crsales.com/lock.htm and I simply can't find one. That is
where all of you come in. In your spare time please help me search the
Internet for one and if successful please post the link.

I almost hope that it is not easy for someone because I have been
searching for over an hour and would feel like a fool if someone come up
with one in record time.

Don

Try Van Dykes Restorers. i don't know if they are online though.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/4/2011 8:48 PM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 20:37:13 -0600, wrote:

I need a keyed door knob to match the one that I uploaded at
http://www.crsales.com/lock.htm and I simply can't find one. That is
where all of you come in. In your spare time please help me search the
Internet for one and if successful please post the link.

I almost hope that it is not easy for someone because I have been
searching for over an hour and would feel like a fool if someone come up
with one in record time.

Don

How old are these knobs? Almost looks like ceramic (white portion).

An architectural salvage center near you?

Not that old, home was built in 1995. And yes, I have searched e-bay.
There is one on e-bay that is close enough if the setback and door
thickness would work. I am going to contact the seller and ask.

It is going on a rarely used closet door so I would actually settle for
a privacy knob (lock on inside and no key on outside). In fact, that may
be what I really need because the door is only 1 3/8" thick and the
setback is only 2 3/8".

Please don't ask why I need a lock on a rarely used closet. :-)

Don

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Oren, you are my man! That is close enough for who it is for. :-)

Don

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 21:19:59 -0600, IGot2P wrote:

On 1/4/2011 8:48 PM, Oren wrote:
[...]

Why do need a lock on a rarely used closet BFG

Look at these

http://www.hikika.com/High-Quality-Ceramic-Door-Knob-with-Lock--Porcelain-Door-Knob---0768-W03-SB-_p28867.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

http://www.ioffer.com/i/high-quality...k-porcelain-do
or-knob-0768-w16-sb-171381785

I got close, too. But like we used to say, close doesn't count except in
horseshoes and grenades.

http://www.historichomehardware.com/...kelite-and-bra
ss-concentric-doorknob-set-p-1807.html

http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-3978...knob-on-pure-w
hite-background.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

Looks a heck of a lot like an old Weiser. Does the latch
have a brand name? Look at the edge of the door, and let us
know if a brand name is found there.

Do you have an operating key? What numbers and letters on
the key?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"IGot2P" wrote in message
I need a keyed door knob to match the one that I uploaded at
http://www.crsales.com/lock.htm and I simply can't find one.
That is
where all of you come in. In your spare time please help me
search the
Internet for one and if successful please post the link.

I almost hope that it is not easy for someone because I have
been
searching for over an hour and would feel like a fool if
someone come up
with one in record time.

Don

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 4, 6:37*pm, IGot2P wrote:
I need a keyed door knob to match the one that I uploaded athttp://www.crsales.com/lock.htmand I simply can't find one. That is
where all of you come in. In your spare time please help me search the
Internet for one and if successful please post the link.

I almost hope that it is not easy for someone because I have been
searching for over an hour and would feel like a fool if someone come up
with one in record time.

Don

http://img.diytrade.com/cdimg/719902...ical_locks.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/4/2011 9:47 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Looks a heck of a lot like an old Weiser. Does the latch
have a brand name? Look at the edge of the door, and let us
know if a brand name is found there.

Do you have an operating key? What numbers and letters on
the key?

There are 16 of these knobs in this house including the entry, bed/bath,
and passage and not a one has a name on it EXCEPT the one that I
replaced a couple of years ago and it is identical and it is a Weiser!

You definitely have a good eye.

Don

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 4, 6:37*pm, IGot2P wrote:
I need a keyed door knob to match the one that I uploaded athttp://www.crsales.com/lock.htmand I simply can't find one. That is
where all of you come in. In your spare time please help me search the
Internet for one and if successful please post the link.

I almost hope that it is not easy for someone because I have been
searching for over an hour and would feel like a fool if someone come up
with one in record time.

Don

http://www.doorknobscheap.com/detail...-ba-B000N5YB34

Actual search string search engine or general technique ? N_Cook Electronics Repair 7 November 21st 09 05:07 PM
do ur search here senthil Metalworking 0 June 6th 08 10:45 AM
search for doc about YIG-Osc. Dieter Palme Electronics Repair 5 February 24th 08 05:52 PM