Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Looking for clear lap cement.

I need a product that has the same thickness and consistency and
waterproof quality as lap cement but is clear or transparent and not
black or runny like Thompson’s. If anyone has any ideas I would
greatly appreciate it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article
,
Molly Brown wrote:

I need a product that has the same thickness and consistency and
waterproof quality as lap cement but is clear or transparent and not
black or runny like Thompson¹s. If anyone has any ideas I would
greatly appreciate it.

I don't know what lap cement is. Is that found in strip joints?

www.thistothat.com is a good resource, I'm told, though I've not used it
personally.

Various formulations of optical cement are available, which are
transparent. Seriously transparent, not homeowner quality transparent.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Molly, it would be better to indicate what it is you are trying to
do.

There is a version of clear silicone. I do NOT use or recommend
silicone with the exception of Dow Corning 700 series products for
anything of consequence. 3M also makes a clear version of
weatherstrip adhesive.

All adhesives depend greatly on application, preparation, and
environment. Again, you might be better served by telling us what
you are doing.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DanG

"Molly Brown" wrote in message
I need a product that has the same thickness and consistency and
waterproof quality as lap cement but is clear or transparent and
not
black or runny like Thompson’s. If anyone has any ideas I would
greatly appreciate it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Molly Brown" wrote

I need a product that has the same thickness and consistency and
waterproof quality as lap cement but is clear or transparent and not
black or runny like Thompson’s. If anyone has any ideas I would
greatly appreciate it.

Molly, are you trying to redo a roof? We can help better if we know the
project as there are too many variables in what would be suggested. For
example, if it needs to withstand a bit of cleaning (or a lot) then it's a
different material from one used where it will be undisturbed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 24, 12:16*pm, "cshenk" wrote:
"Molly Brown" wrote

I need a product that has the same thickness and consistency and
waterproof quality as lap cement but is clear or transparent and not
black or runny like Thompson’s. If anyone has any ideas I would
greatly appreciate it.

Molly, are you trying to redo a roof? *We can help better if we know the
project as there are too many variables in what would be suggested. *For
example, if it needs to withstand a bit of cleaning (or a lot) then it's a
different material from one used where it will be undisturbed.

Completely undisturbed roofing. I would use five gallons of lap cement
on it if it weren’t for the ugly black color it has.