Posted to alt.home.repair

Default reprogramming python auto alarm system

I was wondering if anyone knew of websites or videos on how to
reprogram a python auto alarm system if I lost the remote.
This costs around $120 at the auto alarm store, which is just too much
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 19:31:07 -0800 (PST), Deodiaus
wrote:

I was wondering if anyone knew of websites or videos on how to
reprogram a python auto alarm system if I lost the remote.
This costs around $120 at the auto alarm store, which is just too much

If you lose the remote, what will you reprogram?

There are remotes for sale online. I think they all come with
instructions. For way less than 120, although I don't know about
python. Have you checked with the manufacturer, because I can hardly
believe they would leave a customer high and dry like that.

Although the fancy, dual direction remote for my brand alarm is 80
dollars. I ended up buying a whole new alarm with two remotes, one
interactive and the other not, on ebay for less than the cost of two
remotes. Maybe that will work for you too.

I have one vendor if you need one. Actually, his receiver seemed to
burn out after a few minutes, but afaik his keyfob transmiitters
worked fine. (I think the voltages I used on the receiver were well
within the specified allowable range, but who maybe those ranges were
wrong.)