Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water and sand flowing into perimeter drain, bad?

I've been reading other posts regarding perimeter drains trying
to figure out what I should do. My house is under a year old and
still under the builders warranty.
The house is built on a slight incline from front to back. At the
front of the house is a farmers porch with a bunch of sand under it.
During one of our fall rainstorms a lot of water went under the porch
and into the drain taking a whole bunch of the sand with it and
leaving a hole about a foot or two under the porch. The sand was
replaced and made higher so that the water wouldn't pool there. How
bad is this? Is the drainage system ruined now?
Also, there is a drainage pipe out in our backyard but I've never
seen any water come out of it. Would the water under the house need
to get to a certain level before it starts to drain out? I don't know
how much water might be under the house. I do know that when we had a
radon system put in the guy said there was a good amount of crushed
stone under the house.
My builders warranty will be up soon so any comments would be
appreciated.

Slow Flowing Drain Debbie Home Repair 7 September 1st 10 04:09 AM
Water guard perimeter drain system Bumpy Home Repair 2 October 17th 07 11:15 PM
Perimeter drain on top of footer? Howie Home Repair 3 January 6th 07 07:19 PM
Perimeter drain tile questions Howie Home Repair 5 December 28th 06 04:30 PM
Perimeter drain water level Kika Home Repair 3 November 28th 05 08:03 PM