Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Phil's compressor question

I drain my compressor every time I use it. Should I leave the drain
valve open to ensure that no moisture collects? I use my compressor
about 3 times a month or so.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Nov 26, 9:52*am, "
wrote:
I drain my compressor every time I use it. *Should I leave the drain
valve open to ensure that no moisture collects? *I use my compressor
about 3 times a month or so.

None of the numerous air compressors I have bought over the years
mentioned anything like that in the operating instructions. Operating
manuals are available for many brands on line, and that is a source
for info as well. Unless something like that has been published it is
safe to assume that an open drain doesn't buy you anything in between
uses. Just drain it often in the summertime hot humid weather and you
will be fine.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I drain my compressor every time I use it. Should I leave the drain
valve open to ensure that no moisture collects? I use my compressor
about 3 times a month or so.

The moisture comes out of the air when it is compressed. Leaving the drain
open when not in use will not do any good once you drain the water out and
do not run the compressor any more.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I drain my compressor every time I use it. Should I leave the drain
valve open to ensure that no moisture collects? I use my compressor
about 3 times a month or so.

It won't make any difference if it is not running. Are you getting much
water out? I drain mine about ne a year and get very little, but that
depends on use, climate, etc. Our big (150 hp) compressor at work drains
every 20 minutes.