Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Charcoal smell from electric clothes dryer?

I noticed a new odd behavior from my 10 year old electric Kitchen Aid
dryer, the clothes smell like charcoal or lighter fluid.
I checked the lint trap and it was empty.
Is this a symptom of some common problem?
Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 22, 8:59*am, Unused Classified wrote:
I noticed a new odd behavior from my 10 year old electric Kitchen Aid
dryer, the clothes smell like charcoal or lighter fluid.
I checked the lint trap and it was empty.
Is this a symptom of some common problem?
Thanks

Are you sure the exhaust hose isnt full if lint blocking airflow, that
could burn out a unit, I wouldnt use it till its checked out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 22, 11:18*am, ransley wrote:
On Nov 22, 8:59*am, Unused Classified wrote:

I noticed a new odd behavior from my 10 year old electric Kitchen Aid
dryer, the clothes smell like charcoal or lighter fluid.
I checked the lint trap and it was empty.
Is this a symptom of some common problem?
Thanks

Are you sure the exhaust hose isnt full if lint blocking airflow, that
could burn out a unit, I wouldnt use it till its checked out.

Does it smell like possibly the belt is burning or rubbing against
something?
Posted to alt.home.repair

I just cleaned out the exhaust hose, there was a very small amount of
lint in there, not enough to cause a problem.

The smell is really exactly like lighter fluid or charcoal.

Thanks for the ideas.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Unused Classified wrote:

I noticed a new odd behavior from my 10 year old electric Kitchen Aid
dryer, the clothes smell like charcoal or lighter fluid.
I checked the lint trap and it was empty.
Is this a symptom of some common problem?
Thanks

Anybody leave a Zippo lighter in a pants pocket?

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

On Nov 22, 9:07*pm, "Bob(but not THAT Bob)"
wrote:
Unused Classified wrote:

I noticed a new odd behavior from my 10 year old electric Kitchen Aid
dryer, the clothes smell like charcoal or lighter fluid.
I checked the lint trap and it was empty.
Is this a symptom of some common problem?
Thanks

Haven't a clue - but if you use charcoal lighter fluid when you cook
out, you're ruining your steaks - consider one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Weber-7416-Rap...ter/dp/B000WEO...

Been doing that for years... but I just take a coffee can and a bottle
opener and make my own. No handle, keep a pair of Channellocks handy
to remove it. If it starts falling apart, make a new one.

nate
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Unused Classified, llruna3 wrote:
Anyone figure this out? I'm having the exact same problem from my 7yr old LG
dryer. I've noticed that drying on Air Dry, eliminates the smell. So it must
be something to do with the gas. ..

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...er-605671-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

llruna3 wrote:
replying to Unused Classified, llruna3 wrote:
Anyone figure this out? I'm having the exact same problem from my 7yr old LG
dryer. I've noticed that drying on Air Dry, eliminates the smell. So it must
be something to do with the gas. ..

Charcoal is pretty much odorless, unless you have used awful charcoal
lighter fluid.

Greg

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 5:44:04 PM UTC-4, llruna3 wrote:
replying to Unused Classified, llruna3 wrote:
Anyone figure this out? I'm having the exact same problem from my 7yr old LG
dryer. I've noticed that drying on Air Dry, eliminates the smell. So it must
be something to do with the gas. ..

It could be lint build-up within the unit. You would be surprised how much
lint can be built up on the inside of the internal duct work, on the
blower, around the motor, etc.

As this lint heats up, it could become odoriferous.

http://media.merchantcircle.com/1947...%202_full.jpeg

Electric Clothes Dryer Problem Art Harris Home Repair 13 June 27th 09 03:52 AM
Ventless Electric Clothes Dryer Smarty Home Repair 7 May 20th 08 01:28 PM
Old Maytag electric clothes dryer. [email protected] Electronics Repair 9 January 29th 08 12:49 AM
Clothes dryer burning smell Tube Audio Home Repair 16 June 13th 07 09:13 AM
Electric clothes dryer Jim Home Repair 2 August 7th 05 11:11 PM