Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Leaving one's gas delivery company (in a planned development)

I changed gas providers a couple of years after moving in my new
house. Original tank was under a lease plan so had to buy the gas from
them. BUT they always forgot to let me in on their pre-buy price plan
that locks in a low price before the heating season started. My tank
was buried too. Contacted another company that had good plans. Asked
them to take over my tank. Said they could unbury the old tank and put
it out for company to pick up. Then they asked how old tank was I said
3 years. They contacted current leaser and although they were
reluctant and dragged their feet they finally sold my buried tank to
new company. Tank is now owned by new provider and still leased. Got
great pre-season prices now. No problems.

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 17:53:14 +0000,
(DA) wrote:

Hi all,

I live in a development where a certain gas company owns most of the gas
tanks, mine included (through a deal with the developer of course). The
home is heated with LPG and I have a 1000 gallon tank. Being a monopoly
that they are, they pretty much do whatever they want regarding prices

email response not expected but to respond remove .uk at end
TIA
Hank
Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 12:22:20 -0700, "chaniarts"
wrote:

what about just abandoning it in place and getting a new one installed? call
up someone and ask how much a new tank installed would cost. iirc my tank
was about 2k installed+permitting/inspection fees.

I really like that idea. Tell them if they want it they can come and
take it and the new company just puts in a new tank. That should give
you some leverage over the old company.