Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hot water heater tank

The recent discussion about a tankless system replied a response about the
efficiency of the current tank heaters lead me to ask the following
question.

Tank heaters are more efficient than many people do realize, but some time
ago, I watch one of the home repair TV shows who installed a "Vertex" water
heater. The pitch was a comparison of the Vertex and the standard heater.
The Vertex loses roughly 2% of it's energy and is 98% efficient compared to
the standard tank of 40% loss and 60% efficient, or somewhere along those
lines. Anyone have any experience or knowledge with the Vertex and can shed
some light on it's comparison to a standard tank?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 10, 6:14*pm, "SBH" wrote:
The recent discussion about a tankless system replied a response about the
efficiency of the current tank heaters lead me to ask the following
question.

Tank heaters are more efficient than many people do realize, but some time
ago, I watch one of the home repair TV shows who installed a "Vertex" water
heater. The pitch was a comparison of the Vertex and the standard heater.
The Vertex loses roughly 2% of it's energy and is 98% efficient compared to
the standard tank of 40% loss and 60% efficient, or somewhere along those
lines. Anyone have any experience or knowledge with the Vertex and can shed
some light on it's comparison to a standard tank?

Thanks

Tank efficiency is rated by E.F. the Energy Factor rating. The
ratings are the percent of energy used that it takes to operate a tank
and keep water hot. Example, a 80 EF tank wastes 20% of the energy it
consumes to heat and maintain water. A 55 EF tank wastes 45%, there
are many 55-65EF tanks made. Vertex are about 82-83EF and regular
tanks 55-65 EF. I have a AO Cyclone its the commercial version of
Vertex. Ng tankless go from 82-94 EF www.energystar.gov is a good
place to review all tank ratings.
Posted to alt.home.repair

SBH wrote:
The recent discussion about a tankless system replied a response about the
efficiency of the current tank heaters lead me to ask the following
question.

Tank heaters are more efficient than many people do realize, but some time
ago, I watch one of the home repair TV shows who installed a "Vertex" water
heater. The pitch was a comparison of the Vertex and the standard heater.
The Vertex loses roughly 2% of it's energy and is 98% efficient compared to
the standard tank of 40% loss and 60% efficient, or somewhere along those
lines. Anyone have any experience or knowledge with the Vertex and can shed
some light on it's comparison to a standard tank?

Thanks

A compact solar water system can eliminate all your losses and even gain
free hot water. compactsolarwater.com

--
LSMFT