Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Get out and vote

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Robert Green wrote:

So please, no matter who you vote for, VOTE! Show your fellow
countrymen and the whole world that we believe in democracy. Don't
throw away your voice and dishonor the sacrifices made by so many
that have come before us by blowing off this important civic duty.
Whether you're a Dem, a Repub, a Greenie or someone who believes "the
rent is too damn high" don't forget to speak up at the ballot box.

Many years ago, when I was active in political campaigns, we were taught

vote absentee. There were two reasons for this:

1. You'd be completely free on election day to do campaign stuff, and
2. If, God forbid, you got hit by a truck, your vote would still count.

If they count the absentee ballots at all:

http://www.examiner.com/elections-20...not-be-counted

Servicemen fighting for the US often have a very hard time voting.

In addition to the two good points you made, it's also harder for an
absentee ballot to switch its bits on a memory card like votes for both
sides seem to have done in various elections.

I make a photocopy of my ballot in case I ever need to convince someone "I
voted for you." I'm a registered Republican, and sometimes that makes it
hard to get services in a mostly Democratic state. The beauty is that you
can scan the blank ballot, and vote for whomever you need to, at least to
impress them. My local board caught a small discrepancy on my application
and corrected it, so I know they are doing their business and reviewing
applications for absentee ballots.

--
Bobby G.