Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Newsgroups on Win-7

Sorry for this one more OT. After this, I'll settle down
and talk about more interesting stuff, but I really want
to thank those who offered help, instead of criticism.

I was able to back off Live Mail 2011 (Whew, what
a relief) but only with the help I received here.

Thanks very much for the help.

Bob-tx

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/2/2010 3:26 PM, Bob-tx wrote:
Sorry for this one more OT. After this, I'll settle down
and talk about more interesting stuff, but I really want
to thank those who offered help, instead of criticism.

I was able to back off Live Mail 2011 (Whew, what
a relief) but only with the help I received here.

Thanks very much for the help.

Bob-tx

What did you finally come up with Bob?

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
On 11/2/2010 3:26 PM, Bob-tx wrote:
Sorry for this one more OT. After this, I'll settle down
and talk about more interesting stuff, but I really want
to thank those who offered help, instead of criticism.

I was able to back off Live Mail 2011 (Whew, what
a relief) but only with the help I received here.

Thanks very much for the help.

Bob-tx

What did you finally come up with Bob?

TDD

I uninstalled Live Mail 2011. Downloaded and
installed Live Mail 2009. I did not lose any of
my mail or NG files. That was the advice I
received here, that is what I did, and it
worked. It sure feels good to be off that MS
junk and off Tbird as well. Now I can spend
time enjoying the system instead of fighting it.
Thanks again. Bob-tx

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/3/2010 7:54 AM, Bob-tx wrote:

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
On 11/2/2010 3:26 PM, Bob-tx wrote:
Sorry for this one more OT. After this, I'll settle down
and talk about more interesting stuff, but I really want
to thank those who offered help, instead of criticism.

I was able to back off Live Mail 2011 (Whew, what
a relief) but only with the help I received here.

Thanks very much for the help.

Bob-tx

What did you finally come up with Bob?

TDD

I uninstalled Live Mail 2011. Downloaded and
installed Live Mail 2009. I did not lose any of
my mail or NG files. That was the advice I
received here, that is what I did, and it
worked. It sure feels good to be off that MS
junk and off Tbird as well. Now I can spend
time enjoying the system instead of fighting it.
Thanks again. Bob-tx

I used Outlook Express for years with the Quotefix patch, I tried a few
others but finally landed on Thunderbird. I only use it for Newsgroups
because I use Gmail and Hotmail for Email. I have to stick with the MS
operating system because it's what the majority of my customers use. I
still have a few who actually run DOS.

TDD