Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Tea bags America.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00vv3pl

A Brit view.
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00vv3pl

A Brit view.

I suppose it would be interesting if:
* It was not blocked by the BBC
* We actually, you know, CARED what the Brits - or anyone else - thought of
us.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/2/2010 1:16 PM, harry wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00vv3pl

A Brit view.

don't work.

don't really care what they think anyway.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 2 Nov 2010 14:29:24 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

harry wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00vv3pl

A Brit view.

I suppose it would be interesting if:
* It was not blocked by the BBC
* We actually, you know, CARED what the Brits - or anyone else - thought of
us.

Even the text shows just how little the Brits understand the Tea
Party. Making claims that are completely false.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

harry wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00vv3pl

A Brit view.

I suppose it would be interesting if:
* It was not blocked by the BBC
* We actually, you know, CARED what the Brits - or anyone else - thought of
us.

Even the text shows just how little the Brits understand the Tea
Party. Making claims that are completely false.

Never even mentioned where the name "Tea Party" came from.
Hint for the brits. Google = Boston Tea Party

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Brits get their news from CNN maybe?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Oren" wrote in message

Even the text shows just how little the Brits understand the Tea
Party. Making claims that are completely false.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Not available in your area". Well, I'm not sure I care.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote:

harry wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00vv3pl

A Brit view.

I suppose it would be interesting if:
* It was not blocked by the BBC
* We actually, you know, CARED what the Brits - or anyone else -
thought of
us.

Even the text shows just how little the Brits understand the Tea
Party. Making claims that are completely false.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

harry wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00vv3pl

A Brit view.

I suppose it would be interesting if:
* It was not blocked by the BBC
* We actually, you know, CARED what the Brits - or anyone else - thought of
us.

Even the text shows just how little the Brits understand the Tea
Party. Making claims that are completely false.

Never even mentioned where the name "Tea Party" came from.
Hint for the brits. Google = Boston Tea Party

_Thurs. Feb. 19 2009 | 5:11 AM ET_

"Rick Santelli and the traders on the floor of the CME Group express
outrage over the notion they may have to pay their neighbor's
mortgage, particularly if they bought far more house than they could
actually afford...."

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1039849853

That rant sparked "Tea Party" in modern times.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 2 Nov 2010 18:59:16 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

The Brits get their news from CNN maybe?

Not all do. The OP opined before about his admiration for Al Jazeera
news broadcasting.

He might want to listen to Daniel Hannan....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94lW6Y4tBXs

Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00vv3pl

A Brit view.

Would be more interesting if it was correct. Could not see the video
either, I guess the Brits are afraid to show us what they have.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In m,
willshak spewed forth:
wrote:

harry wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00vv3pl

A Brit view.

I suppose it would be interesting if:
* It was not blocked by the BBC
* We actually, you know, CARED what the Brits - or anyone else -
thought of us.

Even the text shows just how little the Brits understand the Tea
Party. Making claims that are completely false.

Never even mentioned where the name "Tea Party" came from.
Hint for the brits. Google = Boston Tea Party

well.....yes and no.
It stands for Taxed Enough Already, but same premise basically as the
"original" Tea Party

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

harry wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00vv3pl

A Brit view.

I suppose it would be interesting if:
* It was not blocked by the BBC
* We actually, you know, CARED what the Brits - or anyone else - thought of
us.

Even the text shows just how little the Brits understand the Tea
Party. *Making claims that are completely false.

Never even mentioned where the name "Tea Party" came from.
Hint for the brits. Google = Boston Tea Party

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683
To email, remove the double zeroes after @- Hide quoted text -

Ah yes. Rich people dodging tax again. As before.
Posted to alt.home.repair

.

"Oren" wrote in message

Even the text shows just how little the Brits understand the Tea
Party. *Making claims that are completely false.

Yes we can. By satellite and and web.
I find it a bit boring and lightwieght.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
The Brits get their news from CNN maybe?

Not all do. The OP opined before about his admiration for Al Jazeera
news broadcasting.

He might want to listen to *Daniel Hannan....

Al Jazeera is way ahead of Fox. Or CNN. Have you listened/watch it or
are you too bigoted? Have a listen & tell us what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94lW6Y4tBXs
Yep, that's a good one! How about this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDwQEEAZhWM&NR=1
I think you'll like it even more.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 3, 3:06*am, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"harry" wrote in message

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00vv3pl

A Brit view.

Would be more interesting if it was correct. * Could not see the video
either, I guess the Brits are afraid to show us what they have.

Pity that. I don't know why it's blocked. Maybe your own government.
Who knows.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 3, 3:33*am, "ChairMan" wrote:
Innews:sMqdndKSEvDiDU3RnZ2dnUVZ_sCdnZ2d@supernews. com,
willshak spewed forth:

wrote:

harry wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00vv3pl

A Brit view.

I suppose it would be interesting if:
* It was not blocked by the BBC
* We actually, you know, CARED what the Brits - or anyone else -
thought of us.

Even the text shows just how little the Brits understand the Tea
Party. *Making claims that are completely false.

Never even mentioned where the name "Tea Party" came from.
Hint for the brits. Google = Boston Tea Party

well.....yes and no.
It stands for Taxed Enough Already, but same premise basically as the
"original" Tea Party- Hide quoted text -

Nah. You weren't paying any tax at all back then. It was nothing to
do with freedom. Except for the freedom of the rich to tax/oppress/
rob the poor.
Nothing changes in that respect in America.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote

Nah. You weren't paying any tax at all back then. It was nothing to
do with freedom. Except for the freedom of the rich to tax/oppress/
rob the poor.
Nothing changes in that respect in America.

That's funny, since the tax money was going to your king.
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:

Ah yes. Rich people dodging tax again. As before.

Nothing wrong with dodging taxes - it's the American way!

You see, our congress encourages it! How? you might ask.

Easy. The U.S. has the highest corporate tax rate in the world (as much as
51%). By having such a high tax rate, the government encourages companies to
funnel money through off-shore accounts. For example, Google, through the
"Irish Sandwich" (or somesuch) machination pays an effective tax rate of
2.5% instead of the normal corporate tax of 39%.

Not only that, but having such a high tax rate encourages corporations to
move entire portions of their business offshore, including manufacturing.
The net result is the government being responsible for companies moving
their production facilities to more hospitable climes.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Nothing wrong with dodging taxes - it's the American way!

You see, our congress encourages it! How? you might ask.

Easy. The U.S. has the highest corporate tax rate in the world (as
much as 51%). By having such a high tax rate, the government
encourages companies to funnel money through off-shore accounts. For
example, Google, through the "Irish Sandwich" (or somesuch)
machination pays an effective tax rate of 2.5% instead of the normal
corporate tax of 39%.

Not only that, but having such a high tax rate encourages corporations
to move entire portions of their business offshore, including
manufacturing. The net result is the government being responsible for
companies moving their production facilities to more hospitable
climes.

The answer is to close loopholes and "special treatments". It's not the
nominal tax rate so much that is the problem, but the loopholes. Make
the tax rate say 25%, and close ALL the exceptions and special
treatments.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 3 Nov 2010 06:51:14 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote Re OT Tea bags America.:

harry wrote:

Ah yes. Rich people dodging tax again. As before.

Nothing wrong with dodging taxes - it's the American way!

You see, our congress encourages it! How? you might ask.

Easy. The U.S. has the highest corporate tax rate in the world (as much as
51%). By having such a high tax rate, the government encourages companies to
funnel money through off-shore accounts. For example, Google, through the
"Irish Sandwich" (or somesuch) machination pays an effective tax rate of
2.5% instead of the normal corporate tax of 39%.

Not only that, but having such a high tax rate encourages corporations to
move entire portions of their business offshore, including manufacturing.
The net result is the government being responsible for companies moving
their production facilities to more hospitable climes.

This is all very true, but the politicos *need* the money to buy
votes. They must have more to buy more.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Han wrote:

The answer is to close loopholes and "special treatments". It's not the
nominal tax rate so much that is the problem, but the loopholes. Make
the tax rate say 25%, and close ALL the exceptions and special
treatments.

But then, how would the CCritters hold up special interests for
campaign money?

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
---PJ O'Rourke
Posted to alt.home.repair

Han wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

[...]

Well, yeah. But tax laws are designed to do two things: 1) Raise money
(usually) and 2) Advance or retard some social construct.

The government has given tax breaks for home mortgages like forever and is
now in the the thrall of tax breaks for energy efficiency.

My view is that tax laws should raise money. Period. Let the market decide
social goals.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Han wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

[...]

I agree with some of your statements. "social construct" apparently also
includes benefits for very special people's businesses, since there are
some tax benefits enacted with very special conditions, only fitting a
very small coterie of Congress' friends.

--
Best regards
Han

bags bags bags business one way Home Repair 0 March 26th 08 03:32 PM
bags [email protected] Metalworking 1 September 1st 07 06:34 PM
Lye in S.E. America? resrfglc Woodworking 27 December 18th 06 10:20 PM
Nancy Loves George: The Elites-Driven 'White Trashing of America' to Degrade, Demoralize & Replace White America fred Home Repair 0 November 5th 06 01:54 PM