Posted to alt.home.repair

Default True Value Black Friday Preview

http://www.blackfriday.info/sales/tr...friday-ad.html

BlackFriday.info
http://www.blackfriday.info/
Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:
http://www.blackfriday.info/sales/tr...friday-ad.html

BlackFriday.info
http://www.blackfriday.info/

Yep. It's that time of year again.

Last year I saw a dude carrying off SIX Rigid shop vacs from HD (at $24.95).
Later I saw these same shop vacs advertised on Craigslist for $50.00 (store
price, I think, was $75).

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/24/2010 1:04 PM, HeyBub wrote:
Red Green wrote:
http://www.blackfriday.info/sales/tr...friday-ad.html

BlackFriday.info
http://www.blackfriday.info/

Yep. It's that time of year again.

Last year I saw a dude carrying off SIX Rigid shop vacs from HD (at $24.95).
Later I saw these same shop vacs advertised on Craigslist for $50.00 (store
price, I think, was $75).

Oh yeah- 2 years ago, I think, BestBuy had the HP netbooks for 180
bucks, and for a couple months afterward CL and eBay were hip-deep in
them at 'only' 20 bucks less than the normal $300 retail price.

A lot of that going on. I tried the Black Friday game once, and will
probably never do it again. Just Not Worth It, unless there is a HELL of
a deal on something I actually need, versus just have hardware lust for.
I think some of the insurance carriers and local PDs are starting to get
****y at the whole routine (fights, traffic jams, tramplings, etc), but
so far the lure of the almighty buck for the merchants has outweighed
common sense.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:
[...]

Well, you CAN score some good deals. I got my first shop vac at WalMart for
$15 a few years ago. Last year I got one of the aforemention Rigid shopvacs
for $25. I got the HF Miracle Tool the first day it went on sale (Black
Friday). a 4" bench vise at Northern Tool for $15, and so on.

I agree it is foolish to strive for an item where "supplies are limited"
(the store's employees have already scarfed up the available stock).

Since I always carry one or two concealed handguns, I'm not too worried
about riots and such. Or getting to the head of the line.