Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default True Value Black Friday Preview

On 10/24/2010 1:04 PM, HeyBub wrote:
Red Green wrote:
http://www.blackfriday.info/sales/tr...friday-ad.html

BlackFriday.info
http://www.blackfriday.info/

Yep. It's that time of year again.

Last year I saw a dude carrying off SIX Rigid shop vacs from HD (at $24.95).
Later I saw these same shop vacs advertised on Craigslist for $50.00 (store
price, I think, was $75).

Oh yeah- 2 years ago, I think, BestBuy had the HP netbooks for 180
bucks, and for a couple months afterward CL and eBay were hip-deep in
them at 'only' 20 bucks less than the normal $300 retail price.

A lot of that going on. I tried the Black Friday game once, and will
probably never do it again. Just Not Worth It, unless there is a HELL of
a deal on something I actually need, versus just have hardware lust for.
I think some of the insurance carriers and local PDs are starting to get
****y at the whole routine (fights, traffic jams, tramplings, etc), but
so far the lure of the almighty buck for the merchants has outweighed
common sense.

--
aem sends...