Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Jim is offline

Default Hydraulic oil

Recently bought an electric wood splitter that calls for ISO 22 hydraulic
oil such as Mobil DTE 11. Nearly impossible to even find oil with the
ISO grade label on them unless I want to start with a 5 gallon pail.
Thought Pep-Boys might stock it but no such luck.

Any leads to where I can find consumer sizes?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 23 Oct 2010 18:54:30 GMT, Jim wrote:
Recently bought an electric wood splitter that calls for ISO 22 hydraulic
oil such as Mobil DTE 11. Nearly impossible to even find oil with the
ISO grade label on them unless I want to start with a 5 gallon pail.
Thought Pep-Boys might stock it but no such luck.

Any leads to where I can find consumer sizes?

Why don't you just ****ing google it? I found it in under a minute.

http://www.google.com/products?q=iso...l=en&scoring=p
http://www.wttool.com/product-exec/p...m_source=froog

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim wrote:
Recently bought an electric wood splitter that calls for ISO 22 hydraulic
oil such as Mobil DTE 11. Nearly impossible to even find oil with the
ISO grade label on them unless I want to start with a 5 gallon pail.
Thought Pep-Boys might stock it but no such luck.

Any leads to where I can find consumer sizes?

Put ATF or Power Steering fluid. It will work just as well.

--
LSMFT

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Jim is offline

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 16:29:08 -0400, LSMFT wrote:

Jim wrote:
Recently bought an electric wood splitter that calls for ISO 22
hydraulic oil such as Mobil DTE 11. Nearly impossible to even find oil
with the ISO grade label on them unless I want to start with a 5 gallon
pail. Thought Pep-Boys might stock it but no such luck.

Any leads to where I can find consumer sizes?

Put ATF or Power Steering fluid. It will work just as well.

Interesting. No adverse effects over the long term?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim wrote:
Recently bought an electric wood splitter that calls for ISO 22
hydraulic oil such as Mobil DTE 11. Nearly impossible to even find oil
with the ISO grade label on them unless I want to start with a 5 gallon
pail. Thought Pep-Boys might stock it but no such luck.

Any leads to where I can find consumer sizes?

Put ATF or Power Steering fluid. It will work just as well.

Interesting. No adverse effects over the long term?

I haven't seen a power steering pump blow up yet.

--
LSMFT

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim wrote:
Recently bought an electric wood splitter that calls for ISO 22
hydraulic oil such as Mobil DTE 11. Nearly impossible to even find oil
with the ISO grade label on them unless I want to start with a 5 gallon
pail. Thought Pep-Boys might stock it but no such luck.

Any leads to where I can find consumer sizes?

Put ATF or Power Steering fluid. It will work just as well.

Interesting. No adverse effects over the long term?

Don't mix synthetic hydraulic oil with organic based unless it has
been specifically formulated to mix. It will gum up and destroy the
seals. Been there, seen that. I serviced some equipment using silicone
based hydraulic fluid and it was destroyed when automatic transmission
fluid was added to the oil supply.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/23/2010 4:29 PM, LSMFT wrote:
Jim wrote:
Recently bought an electric wood splitter that calls for ISO 22 hydraulic
oil such as Mobil DTE 11. Nearly impossible to even find oil with the
ISO grade label on them unless I want to start with a 5 gallon pail.
Thought Pep-Boys might stock it but no such luck.

Any leads to where I can find consumer sizes?

Put ATF or Power Steering fluid. It will work just as well.

That used to be a good idea in the days when lubricants were all organic
and very similar. Today you really have to know what is compatible and
what isn't.

(OT) Car Hydraulic Service Winston Metalworking 13 October 22nd 10 05:40 PM
#OT# Why is all the hydraulic stuff available? JR North Metalworking 0 March 28th 09 03:17 AM
hydraulic cement bonnie Home Repair 3 June 13th 08 08:28 PM
What can this hydraulic pump be used for? Greg O Metalworking 5 March 19th 05 05:05 PM
FS: hydraulic components [email protected] Metalworking 0 January 17th 05 08:28 PM