Posted to alt.home.repair
LSMFT LSMFT is offline

Default Hydraulic oil

Jim wrote:
On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 16:29:08 -0400, LSMFT wrote:

Jim wrote:
Recently bought an electric wood splitter that calls for ISO 22
hydraulic oil such as Mobil DTE 11. Nearly impossible to even find oil
with the ISO grade label on them unless I want to start with a 5 gallon
pail. Thought Pep-Boys might stock it but no such luck.

Any leads to where I can find consumer sizes?

Put ATF or Power Steering fluid. It will work just as well.

Interesting. No adverse effects over the long term?

I haven't seen a power steering pump blow up yet.

--
LSMFT