Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stove faucet

We're remodeling, and putting a water spray near the stove for filling up
large vessels, and other times when water is needed at the stove.

Anyone know the proper terminology for these?

Anyone have one? Is it a snake type, or articulated?

Like them? Hate them? Caveats? Tips? Brand names suggestions?

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 13:11:35 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

We're remodeling, and putting a water spray near the stove for filling up
large vessels, and other times when water is needed at the stove.

Anyone know the proper terminology for these?

Anyone have one? Is it a snake type, or articulated?

Like them? Hate them? Caveats? Tips? Brand names suggestions?

Steve

Do you have the wall open to run the necessary plumbing? I've seen
one installed in a new construction home. Ken is a fireman and does
the cooking in his house.

Maybe called a "potfiller", some are very expensive ($700.00). Yikes!

pic:

http://www.thedesignerkitchen.com/_i...ler_faucet.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/21/2010 1:11 PM Steve B spake thus:

We're remodeling, and putting a water spray near the stove for filling up
large vessels, and other times when water is needed at the stove.

Anyone know the proper terminology for these?

Anyone have one? Is it a snake type, or articulated?

Like them? Hate them? Caveats? Tips? Brand names suggestions?

A friend whose house I helped remodel installed one. Dunno what the
official term is for these. His was a long upside-down "U" shape which
swiveled, chrome. He was very happy he put it in. Every house should
have one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote the following:
We're remodeling, and putting a water spray near the stove for filling up
large vessels, and other times when water is needed at the stove.

Anyone know the proper terminology for these?

Anyone have one? Is it a snake type, or articulated?

Like them? Hate them? Caveats? Tips? Brand names suggestions?

Steve

If you had googled - stove faucet -, you would have gotten
http://www.google.com/search?q=stove+faucet

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair
Una Una is offline

I have used pot filler faucets in commercial kitchens, where in some
cases they are extremely useful. I doubt they are worth the bother
in a home kitchen.

These faucets normally are mounted high over the stove and swivel by
at least 2 joints. They may also have a pull-out nozzle with trigger
valve for one-hand operation. There is a risk of accident involving
too much water spashing on a hot stove, and they have to be cleaned
just about every time you use the stove.

If getting water from the sink to the stove is a problem, then won't
it be a problem also getting a heavy pot from the stove to the sink?

At home I prefer to carry a pot or pitcher of water from the sink to
the stove.

Una

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 21, 1:11*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
We're remodeling, and putting a water spray near the stove for filling up
large vessels, and other times when water is needed at the stove.

Anyone know the proper terminology for these?

Anyone have one? *Is it a snake type, or articulated?

Like them? *Hate them? *Caveats? *Tips? *Brand names suggestions?

I don't see the point, especially if you have a pull-down faucet at
the sink that allows you to fill your pots on the countertop. Having
a specialized pot filler is just another thing to break or leak.

It's about as silly as having a glass-filling faucet hanging over the
dinner table. Using your legs for a few extra steps a few times a
week won't hurt you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 16:00:31 -0700 (PDT), mike
wrote:

On Oct 21, 1:11Â*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
We're remodeling, and putting a water spray near the stove for filling up
large vessels, and other times when water is needed at the stove.

Anyone know the proper terminology for these?

Anyone have one? Â*Is it a snake type, or articulated?

Like them? Â*Hate them? Â*Caveats? Â*Tips? Â*Brand names suggestions?

I don't see the point, especially if you have a pull-down faucet at
the sink that allows you to fill your pots on the countertop. Having
a specialized pot filler is just another thing to break or leak.

It's about as silly as having a glass-filling faucet hanging over the
dinner table. Using your legs for a few extra steps a few times a
week won't hurt you.

There's lot of "accoutrements" with more downsides than upsides.
But people that have them swear by them.
One reason I prefer used Chevys over Buicks is the crap that usually
comes with Buicks.
Don't want power seats, heated seats, climate control, tire pressure
monitors, etc.
Just adds complexity, and expense if something goes wrong, which is
about 99% of the time.
But others eat that stuff up and brag about it.

My wife is a corporate cafeteria chef, and has faucets only over the
steam kettles. They hold 50 gallons.
But she quit using them long ago as they don't make sense for her
cooking.
She uses 10 gallon kettles on a stove.
There's a sink next to the stove.
She uses a gallon container to put what's needed in the kettles.
She just smirked when I mentioned "stove faucets."
Of course she measures the water used in most recipes.
Hmmmm. Do stove faucets have water meters?

Yep, pretty silly to me and my professional chef who feeds 500 people,
but those that have a stove faucet to feed a huge party of 40 once
a year on Thanksgiving will surely swear by them.
I don't begrudge them. Got nothing against the Stove Faucet
Manufacturers of America Association either.
To each his own.
Hell, I don't even want an icemaker complicating my fridge.
Never had a problem getting cubes from an ice tray.

--Vic
Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

On Oct 21, 2:11*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
We're remodeling, and putting a water spray near the stove for filling up
large vessels, and other times when water is needed at the stove.

Anyone know the proper terminology for these?

Anyone have one? *Is it a snake type, or articulated?

Like them? *Hate them? *Caveats? *Tips? *Brand names suggestions?

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
*http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

==
I have a name for them under the heading: UNNECESSARY fixtures for the
home.
==
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 21, 3:11*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
We're remodeling, and putting a water spray near the stove for filling up
large vessels, and other times when water is needed at the stove.

Anyone know the proper terminology for these?

Anyone have one? *Is it a snake type, or articulated?

Like them? *Hate them? *Caveats? *Tips? *Brand names suggestions?

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
*http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Commercial faucets (Chicago) are available that attach vertically. In
a 3 sink set-up it is mounted in the middle and can reach the other
2. (with 2 articulations)
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Homeowners Hub site is not a help forum.
It's an *advertising* forum that invades real
forums (like "alt.home.repair", part of
"usenet") parasitically in order to generate
free advertising for itself, which continually
advances its search engine placement, thereby
increasing its own revenue through its click-
through advertising commissions.

So the first thing you should do is write them
an email and tell them to quit spamming.

Then try to find your way here through proper
channels. Please do a google search on "Usenet"
and post the regular way.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Nestor Kelebay" wrote in message
roups.com...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:
We're remodeling, and putting a water spray near the stove for
filling up large vessels, and other times when water is needed at the
stove.
Anyone know the proper terminology for these?

Anyone have one? Is it a snake type, or articulated?

Like them? Hate them? Caveats? Tips? Brand names suggestions?

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Aside:
Avoid the temptation to use the water outlet on an oil fire.

There was an episode on Mythbusters recently where they ignited one cup of
hot oil on the stove, then dumped ONE-HALF cup of water on the flames.

This piddly effort shot a ball of fire THIRTY freakin' feet into the air,
singing low flying birds (the experiment was done outside) to the cries of
"DAMN!" and "THAT'S COOL!" from the assembled bystanders.

This worked so well, they rigged up their own time bomb. A one-quart
saucepan, couple of cups of oil, and a #2 can of Campbell's Soup Stock. Put
the can in the oil, the oil on the stove, light the fire, decamp.

Eventually the can burst and, well, you can imagine...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote the following:
The Homeowners Hub site is not a help forum.

Maybe YOU should learn more about Jesus.
You need to be a little more tolerant.
Bye Bye.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683
Posted to alt.home.repair

You mean.... my posts won't appear on ONE computer, on ONE person's
desk? That's pathetic.... you write like I actually care.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"willshak" wrote in message
m...
Stormin Mormon wrote the following:
The Homeowners Hub site is not a help forum.

Maybe YOU should learn more about Jesus.
You need to be a little more tolerant.
Bye Bye.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Roy" wrote in message
==
I have a name for them under the heading: UNNECESSARY fixtures for the
home.
==

Another clueless #$%^^ Stop by a rehab center or senior center and ask the
people there if they would like a pot filler.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve,

I'll leave you with one last thought. Have you ever had a faucet drip
for a while because someone neglected to turn it off all the way, or
because some component started leaking?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Una Una is offline

If we're talking ADA, then a pot filler faucet is out of the question,
because out reach above and behind the stove. Instead, to get water
from the sink to the stove I would use one of the "spring" coil hoses
that are popular with animal owners and indoor gardeners. There are
food grade versions on the market. They can be hung from the ceiling
on a track like you see used for privacy room curtains in hospitals.

Una

Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

On Oct 22, 11:59*am, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"Roy" wrote in message

==
I have a name for them under the heading: UNNECESSARY fixtures for the
home.
==

Another clueless #$%^^ *Stop by a rehab center or senior center and ask the
people there if they would like a pot filler.

==
Whatever you say Ed. For the majority of people a "pot filler" is just
duplication of a facility already installed i.e. the kitchen sink. The
OP didn't mention any handicaps or of being enfeebled or old. If one
is so pressed for time that they need a "pot filler" above a stove and
have the means or wish to impress others, let 'em go for it.
==
Posted to alt.home.repair

"mike" wrote in message
Steve,

I'll leave you with one last thought. Have you ever had a faucet drip
for a while because someone neglected to turn it off all the way, or
because some component started leaking?

In a word, "YES!"

Upon finding that we can't find one locally for less than $300, and that is
on a special order, we have decided to increase the budget on the range
hood.

Thanks anyway, all.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stove faucet (and a lesson in tolerance)

I knew there was something amiss. Will is rebuking me for lack of
tolerance. At the same time he is (intolerantly) refusing to tolerate
my behaviours. Did anyone else catch the irony?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

m...