Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Crows

How do you shut up or get rid of crows?

--
LSMFT

Posted to alt.home.repair

LSMFT wrote:
How do you shut up or get rid of crows?

Shoot a few of them, and leave the bodys hanging around in the trees.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 15, 7:49*pm, Sjouke Burry
wrote:
LSMFT wrote:
How do you shut up or get rid of crows?

Shoot a few of them, and leave the bodys hanging around in the trees.

This
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 17:41:57 -0400, LSMFT wrote:

How do you shut up or get rid of crows?

Bake a pie?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 17:41:57 -0400, LSMFT wrote:

How do you shut up or get rid of crows?

If you're in Albany, NY you spend 10's of thousands of dollars making
lots of noise, annoying residents and crows and chase the crows across
the river to Troy, NY.

If you're in Troy, NY you spend 10's of thousands of dollars making
lots of noise, annoying residents and crows and chase the crows across
the river to Albany, NY.

This has been working well for both cities for 10-15 years or so.

Jim
[want recipes? http://crowbusters.com/recipes.htm ]

Posted to alt.home.repair

I can't remember which cities. But one city had a racoon problem. They
spent lots of money on trap and release, took the coons to the other
side of the river. Well, next year the folks on the othe side of the
river had a racoon problem. So, they implemented a trap and release
program.

I wonder if they are the same people who are managing the Mexican
border, along the south of the USA?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 17:41:57 -0400, LSMFT wrote:

How do you shut up or get rid of crows?

If you're in Albany, NY you spend 10's of thousands of dollars making
lots of noise, annoying residents and crows and chase the crows across
the river to Troy, NY.

If you're in Troy, NY you spend 10's of thousands of dollars making
lots of noise, annoying residents and crows and chase the crows across
the river to Albany, NY.

This has been working well for both cities for 10-15 years or so.

Jim
[want recipes? http://crowbusters.com/recipes.htm ]

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'd expect that shooting or trapping would provide temporary relief.
Of course, the crow population is dynamic, like squirrels.

One of my Dad's friends got tired of the squirrel in his bird feeder.
So, he shot it. (military vet, and a country boy). Sure enough,
another squirrel came along. So he shot that one, too. And the
next.... he gave up after 300 squirrels.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"LSMFT" wrote in message
How do you shut up or get rid of crows?

--
LSMFT

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/16/2010 9:01 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I'd expect that shooting or trapping would provide temporary relief.
Of course, the crow population is dynamic, like squirrels.

One of my Dad's friends got tired of the squirrel in his bird feeder.
So, he shot it. (military vet, and a country boy). Sure enough,
another squirrel came along. So he shot that one, too. And the
next.... he gave up after 300 squirrels.

That is why for feral cats, the only approach that has made a difference
is catch, neuter, and release. You kill them, another moves in within days.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Oct 15, 4:41*pm, LSMFT wrote:
How do you shut up or get rid of crows?

snip

Any country lad can tell you crows are really paranoid about the sound
a .22 rifle (or similar) makes. So to duplicate the sound simply get a
couple of 2 x 4's around 30" long. Hold the pair together at the
bottom and slap them together at the top rather hard. The neighbors
may be alarmed thinking they hear gunshots, but the noise is no worse
than a hefty firecracker. Do this under a crows nest in a tree and the
birds will take off for the boonies making their own racket on the
way. With a few repeats they will give up all their property rights,
usually within a day or two. Worked just fine in our neighborhood.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 16 Oct 2010 16:10:23 -0700 (PDT), Joe wrote:

Any country lad can tell you crows are really paranoid about the sound
a .22 rifle (or similar) makes. So to duplicate the sound simply get a
couple of 2 x 4's around 30" long. Hold the pair together at the
bottom and slap them together at the top rather hard.

A country boy will also say:

"Don't get your thumbs between the lumber." It hurts!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/15/2010 4:41 PM, LSMFT wrote:
How do you shut up or get rid of crows?

Perhaps you should take a tip from those who deal with birds as
a threat to life and safety:

http://www.reedjoseph.com/

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Did the neighbors call the cops? Did the cops come to your house and
confiscate the two by fours? The right to keep and bear two by fours
is not protected by law.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Joe" wrote in message

Any country lad can tell you crows are really paranoid about the sound
a .22 rifle (or similar) makes. So to duplicate the sound simply get a
couple of 2 x 4's around 30" long. Hold the pair together at the
bottom and slap them together at the top rather hard. The neighbors
may be alarmed thinking they hear gunshots, but the noise is no worse
than a hefty firecracker. Do this under a crows nest in a tree and the
birds will take off for the boonies making their own racket on the
way. With a few repeats they will give up all their property rights,
usually within a day or two. Worked just fine in our neighborhood.

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

See also: Painless way to get a camel moving.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Oren" wrote in message
On Sat, 16 Oct 2010 16:10:23 -0700 (PDT), Joe wrote:

Any country lad can tell you crows are really paranoid about the
sound
a .22 rifle (or similar) makes. So to duplicate the sound simply get
couple of 2 x 4's around 30" long. Hold the pair together at the
bottom and slap them together at the top rather hard.

A country boy will also say:

"Don't get your thumbs between the lumber." It hurts!

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.reedjoseph.com/lasers.htm
You could get a personal visit from a SWAT team, with one of these in
your back yard.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
On 10/15/2010 4:41 PM, LSMFT wrote:
How do you shut up or get rid of crows?

Perhaps you should take a tip from those who deal with birds as
a threat to life and safety:

http://www.reedjoseph.com/

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

How do you handle loud neighbors? Same?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

.... and once the crows and your neighbors get used to the sound, shoot
the loudest crow in the bunch and they will go away.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/17/2010 3:09 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
http://www.reedjoseph.com/lasers.htm
You could get a personal visit from a SWAT team, with one of these in
your back yard.

Some dumbass would probably point the darn thing at a passenger plane.
Well, it is a big bird and it makes lots of noise.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

On Sat, 16 Oct 2010 18:20:02 -0400, aemeijers
wrote:

On 10/16/2010 9:01 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I'd expect that shooting or trapping would provide temporary relief.
Of course, the crow population is dynamic, like squirrels.

One of my Dad's friends got tired of the squirrel in his bird feeder.
So, he shot it. (military vet, and a country boy). Sure enough,
another squirrel came along. So he shot that one, too. And the
next.... he gave up after 300 squirrels.

That is why for feral cats, the only approach that has made a difference
is catch, neuter, and release. You kill them, another moves in within days.

I recently took a workshop in TNR. The R now stands for Return because
releasing a cat where they have never been before is cruel since
they'll have no idea how to survive in the new locale.

I already did a feral female who was wonderful at producing kittens
and I'll be doing 8 cats at the end of this month. Hopefully that is
most of the ones in my immediate neighborhood.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Silly me- I presumed taking them back to where you abducted them went
without saying. Sorta implied by the concept of territory, etc. Yeah,
releasing them at random elsewhere definitely would NOT work. The local
alpha would run them off forthwith.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/18/2010 7:26 PM, wrote:

wrote:

[...]

If you chose an area without an alpha cat you may discover it is
because the people there had a trap and kill program going on.
(usually assisted by animal control who actually does the kill part)
although I have a neighbor who drowns everything he gets in his trap.

Why do you think they INVENTED these programs to sterilize and return
them? It wasn't out of any fuzzy-wuzzy feelings. Trap and kill does not
work, unless done on a continuous expen$ive basis. Nature abhors a
vacuum, and feral cats are fungible. They make new ones faster than you
can kill the existing ones. You can only hope to control them within a
general area- control meaning a non-spiking population- by retarding the
birth rate by sterilizing the in-place population.

One of the most active players in this trap-neuter-return program is US
Military, on their docks and warehouses. They are happy with the results.

--
aem sends..