Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Wood filller before painting

On Oct 12, 1:35*pm, "dadiOH" wrote:
Don Phillipson wrote:
How best can I fill or finish the curved wood surround (new wood)
of a halfmoon window before painting? *

snip

Drywall joint compound

snip

If the window frame has any exposure to the weather, drywall compound
actually is a decent filler, but be sure to use the setting type since
it won't be affected by moisture.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Joe" wrote in message
On Oct 12, 1:35 pm, "dadiOH" wrote:
Don Phillipson wrote:
How best can I fill or finish the curved wood surround (new wood)
of a halfmoon window before painting?

snip

Drywall joint compound

snip

If the window frame has any exposure to the weather, drywall compound
actually is a decent filler, but be sure to use the setting type since
it won't be affected by moisture.

Joe

DITTO...Easy Sand 45...