DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Wood filller before painting (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/311556-re-wood-filller-before-painting.html)

Joe October 12th 10 10:52 PM

Wood filller before painting

On Oct 12, 1:35*pm, "dadiOH" wrote:
Don Phillipson wrote:
How best can I fill or finish the curved wood surround (new wood)
of a halfmoon window before painting? *

snip

Drywall joint compound

snip

If the window frame has any exposure to the weather, drywall compound
actually is a decent filler, but be sure to use the setting type since
it won't be affected by moisture.

Joe

benick[_2_] October 14th 10 04:15 AM

"Joe" wrote in message
On Oct 12, 1:35 pm, "dadiOH" wrote:
Don Phillipson wrote:
How best can I fill or finish the curved wood surround (new wood)
of a halfmoon window before painting?

snip

Drywall joint compound

snip

If the window frame has any exposure to the weather, drywall compound
actually is a decent filler, but be sure to use the setting type since
it won't be affected by moisture.

Joe

DITTO...Easy Sand 45...