Posted to alt.home.repair

Default TOTO toilets shortcoming

My place of employment replaced all the toilets last year with new TOTO
wall mounted ones. I do not know the model and frankly am not
interested in getting down to floor level to find it.

On this newsgroup I have heard the praises of TOTO toilets sung and yet
find them to be awful toilets, at least in their flushing coverage
inside the bowl. Yes, they do deliver a strong flush but the water
never touches the back side of the bowl and you are always greeted with
someone else's leftovers when entering a stall.

Why would such a basic engineering necessity be ignored by the maker of
supposed superior toilets?
Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"badgolferman" wrote:
My place of employment replaced all the toilets last year with new
TOTO
wall mounted ones. I do not know the model and frankly am not
interested in getting down to floor level to find it.

On this newsgroup I have heard the praises of TOTO toilets sung and
yet
find them to be awful toilets, at least in their flushing coverage
inside the bowl. Yes, they do deliver a strong flush but the water
never touches the back side of the bowl and you are always greeted
with
someone else's leftovers when entering a stall.

Why would such a basic engineering necessity be ignored by the maker
of
supposed superior toilets?

I recently had a Toto installed, a 1.6 gallon toilet. The flushing
performance is NOT impressive. My older 1.6 gallon Kohler did a much
better flush.

The Toto is, as the OP states, very over-rated IMHO.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"badgolferman" wrote in message
My place of employment replaced all the toilets last year with new TOTO
wall mounted ones. I do not know the model and frankly am not
interested in getting down to floor level to find it.

On this newsgroup I have heard the praises of TOTO toilets sung and yet
find them to be awful toilets, at least in their flushing coverage
inside the bowl. Yes, they do deliver a strong flush but the water
never touches the back side of the bowl and you are always greeted with
someone else's leftovers when entering a stall.

Why would such a basic engineering necessity be ignored by the maker of
supposed superior toilets?

That's because the people at your work place don't eat enough fiber. They
probably fill up on burgers & fries, a lot of junk food.

If they ate right, their **** would flush with no **** stains.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/4/2010 9:41 PM, badgolferman wrote:
My place of employment replaced all the toilets last year with new TOTO
wall mounted ones. I do not know the model and frankly am not
interested in getting down to floor level to find it.

On this newsgroup I have heard the praises of TOTO toilets sung and yet
find them to be awful toilets, at least in their flushing coverage
inside the bowl. Yes, they do deliver a strong flush but the water
never touches the back side of the bowl and you are always greeted with
someone else's leftovers when entering a stall.

Why would such a basic engineering necessity be ignored by the maker of
supposed superior toilets?

Models to maybe avoid. I have 2 Toto's and one has the max flush with
it's bigger flapper that I've had to replace twice over maybe a 4 year
period. Otherwise, no flushing problems. The bigger flapper is nicer
but I did not get another when I replaced last toilet.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 4, 6:41*pm, "badgolferman"
wrote:
My place of employment replaced all the toilets last year with new TOTO
wall mounted ones. *I do not know the model and frankly am not
interested in getting down to floor level to find it.

On this newsgroup I have heard the praises of TOTO toilets sung and yet
find them to be awful toilets, at least in their flushing coverage
inside the bowl. *Yes, they do deliver a strong flush but the water
never touches the back side of the bowl and you are always greeted with
someone else's leftovers when entering a stall.

Why would such a basic engineering necessity be ignored by the maker of
supposed superior toilets?

If you're not willing to cite the model, your criticism doesn't mean
much.

I have three Toto Drakes, and they are the best performing toilets
I've ever used.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 4 Oct 2010 21:56:02 -0400, "Hara Numi" wrote Re
TOTO toilets shortcoming:

If they ate right, their **** would flush with no **** stains.

And it wouldn't stink either.
Posted to alt.home.repair

mike wrote:

On Oct 4, 6:41*pm, "badgolferman"
wrote:
My place of employment replaced all the toilets last year with new
TOTO wall mounted ones. *I do not know the model and frankly am not
interested in getting down to floor level to find it.

On this newsgroup I have heard the praises of TOTO toilets sung and
yet find them to be awful toilets, at least in their flushing
coverage inside the bowl. *Yes, they do deliver a strong flush but
the water never touches the back side of the bowl and you are
always greeted with someone else's leftovers when entering a stall.

Why would such a basic engineering necessity be ignored by the
maker of supposed superior toilets?

If you're not willing to cite the model, your criticism doesn't mean
much.

I have three Toto Drakes, and they are the best performing toilets
I've ever used.

Mine is the Toto UltraMax with the Toto Washlet. The toilet flush is
not especially good despite the larger flapper and 1.6 gallon tank. I
can't imagine that their models with the smaller tank can be any better.
Posted to alt.home.repair

mike wrote:

If you're not willing to cite the model, your criticism doesn't mean
much.

Really? So how do you find the model number of a wall-mounted toilet?
It's not stamped anywhere obvious.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Hara Numi wrote:

That's because the people at your work place don't eat enough fiber.
They probably fill up on burgers & fries, a lot of junk food.

If they ate right, their **** would flush with no **** stains.

Please provide some sort of procedure I can use to ensure others eat
the types of food that do not leave residual matter on the inner wall
of a toilet. If that is not possible then perhaps some pointers on how
to prevent the fast-food eaters from entering the stalls might be
helpful.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 5, 11:15*am, "badgolferman"
wrote:
mike wrote:
If you're not willing to cite the model, your criticism doesn't mean
much.

Really? *So how do you find the model number of a wall-mounted toilet?
It's not stamped anywhere obvious.

Google is your friend:
http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&s...oq=&gs_rfa i=

See anything familiar?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

On Oct 5, 12:22*pm, mike wrote:

I have three Toto Drakes, and they are the best performing toilets
I've ever used.

Ditto. I have 2 of them and *everything* that goes into them goes
down the drain, including anything that may have splattered on the
walls.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
mike wrote:
If you're not willing to cite the model, your criticism doesn't

mean much.

Really? *So how do you find the model number of a wall-mounted
toilet? It's not stamped anywhere obvious.

Google is your friend:
http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&s...oq=&gs_rfa i=

See anything familiar?

It looks like the CT708H Wall Mount Toilet Flushometer Series, but I
can't verify the part number since there is nothing visible on the
toilet itself.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
mike wrote:
If you're not willing to cite the model, your criticism doesn't
mean much.

Really? So how do you find the model number of a wall-mounted
toilet? It's not stamped anywhere obvious.

Google is your friend:
http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&s...oq=&gs_rfa i=

See anything familiar?

It looks like the CT708H Wall Mount Toilet Flushometer Series, but I
can't verify the part number since there is nothing visible on the
toilet itself.

You need to lay on the floor on your back, the number will be visible once
you're down there.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 4, 6:41*pm, "badgolferman"
wrote:
My place of employment replaced all the toilets last year with new TOTO
wall mounted ones. *I do not know the model and frankly am not
interested in getting down to floor level to find it.

On this newsgroup I have heard the praises of TOTO toilets sung and yet
find them to be awful toilets, at least in their flushing coverage
inside the bowl. *Yes, they do deliver a strong flush but the water
never touches the back side of the bowl and you are always greeted with
someone else's leftovers when entering a stall.

Why would such a basic engineering necessity be ignored by the maker of
supposed superior toilets?

Maybe your wall mounted model stinks, but my "Toto Ultimate One-piece"
is the best toilet I have ever had in my nearly 60 years on this
earth. It's a low-flow, leaves NO stains of any sort, ever, and has
yet to stop up once since I got it 4 years ago. I think I still own a
plunger, but I couldn't find it if my life depended on it. The high-
flow American Standard the Toto replaced could certainly not hold a
candle to the current toilet. It was always dirty and stopped up at
least 3 times a year. When we build an addition later this year, we
will be putting the same Toto model in the two new bathrooms.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Hara Numi, 10/5/2010,3:53:12 PM, wrote:

It looks like the CT708H Wall Mount Toilet Flushometer Series, but I
can't verify the part number since there is nothing visible on the
toilet itself.

You need to lay on the floor on your back, the number will be visible
once you're down there.

In that case I retract everything I've said !

Posted to alt.home.repair

tmclone wrote:

Maybe your wall mounted model stinks, but my "Toto Ultimate One-piece"
is the best toilet I have ever had in my nearly 60 years on this
earth

You might want to check out this "review":

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...-idea-rob-long

The Flaming Toilets of Toto Greg Home Ownership 1 April 20th 07 06:45 AM
The Flaming Toilets of Toto Greg Home Repair 0 April 18th 07 06:44 PM
Toto toilet Tony Pacc Home Repair 7 November 11th 06 03:58 AM
Toto (tm) toilet?? Harry K Home Repair 17 October 2nd 06 04:23 PM
Toilets... dirty stinking toilets! dougga Home Repair 6 October 27th 04 06:56 PM