Posted to alt.home.repair
tmclone tmclone is offline

Default TOTO toilets shortcoming

On Oct 4, 6:41*pm, "badgolferman"
wrote:
My place of employment replaced all the toilets last year with new TOTO
wall mounted ones. *I do not know the model and frankly am not
interested in getting down to floor level to find it.

On this newsgroup I have heard the praises of TOTO toilets sung and yet
find them to be awful toilets, at least in their flushing coverage
inside the bowl. *Yes, they do deliver a strong flush but the water
never touches the back side of the bowl and you are always greeted with
someone else's leftovers when entering a stall.

Why would such a basic engineering necessity be ignored by the maker of
supposed superior toilets?

Maybe your wall mounted model stinks, but my "Toto Ultimate One-piece"
is the best toilet I have ever had in my nearly 60 years on this
earth. It's a low-flow, leaves NO stains of any sort, ever, and has
yet to stop up once since I got it 4 years ago. I think I still own a
plunger, but I couldn't find it if my life depended on it. The high-
flow American Standard the Toto replaced could certainly not hold a
candle to the current toilet. It was always dirty and stopped up at
least 3 times a year. When we build an addition later this year, we
will be putting the same Toto model in the two new bathrooms.