Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stain on vinyl floor removal?

We moved our washer and dryer to the basement from the 1st floor and the two
front foot pads from the washer left what I thought was rust stains on the
vinyl floor. Tried the vinegar/baking soda solution, but no luck. Tried
straight bleach but nothing. Any other DIY solutions?
Thanks,

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/21/2010 3:46 PM, Joe J wrote:
We moved our washer and dryer to the basement from the 1st floor and the
two front foot pads from the washer left what I thought was rust stains
on the vinyl floor. Tried the vinegar/baking soda solution, but no luck.
Tried straight bleach but nothing. Any other DIY solutions?
Thanks,

Look in cleaning aisle for 'rust out' or similar product. Works pretty
well on the rust stain under the drip in my 2nd bathroom plastic shower
stall. Don't remember what the main ingredient is, but I think all of
them are similar products. Make a paste of the powder, and let it sit
awhile. If the stain is into the substrate, you may be SOL.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

aemeijers wrote:
On 9/21/2010 3:46 PM, Joe J wrote:
We moved our washer and dryer to the basement from the 1st floor and
the two front foot pads from the washer left what I thought was rust
stains on the vinyl floor. Tried the vinegar/baking soda solution,
but no luck. Tried straight bleach but nothing. Any other DIY
solutions? Thanks,

Look in cleaning aisle for 'rust out' or similar product. Works pretty
well on the rust stain under the drip in my 2nd bathroom plastic
shower stall. Don't remember what the main ingredient is, but I think
all of them are similar products. Make a paste of the powder, and let
it sit awhile. If the stain is into the substrate, you may be SOL.

oxalic acid.

bar keepers friend

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Joe J" wrote in message
We moved our washer and dryer to the basement from the 1st floor and the
two front foot pads from the washer left what I thought was rust stains on
the vinyl floor. Tried the vinegar/baking soda solution, but no luck.
Tried straight bleach but nothing. Any other DIY solutions?
Thanks,

The pads I have seen do that are a rubber compound stains deep into the
vinyl. Nothing will remove that. WW

Methelene / Methylene Chloride Stain (Drinking Bird Dropped on Sheet Vinyl Floor) [email protected] Home Repair 8 November 20th 06 06:27 PM
Stain Removal kgivnish Home Repair 1 April 18th 06 08:19 PM
vinyl floor removal Gary Home Repair 1 November 6th 05 01:47 PM
Tea stain removal Marcus Foreman UK diy 7 January 24th 05 11:01 PM
Irn-Bru stain removal? Ian Clowes UK diy 6 September 29th 03 04:43 PM