Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Maintenance at 1700 feet

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
Watch this video. I'm sticking with my ground job

http://www.impomag.com/scripts/ShowPR~RID~15333.asp

I cannot imagine how much these guys get paid, or else they get a couple
of rednecks with a few beers.

Great job for a base jumper. Do the maintenance then you get to jump off and
parachute down.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"SBH" wrote in message

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
Watch this video. I'm sticking with my ground job

http://www.impomag.com/scripts/ShowPR~RID~15333.asp

I cannot imagine how much these guys get paid, or else they get a couple
of rednecks with a few beers.

Great job for a base jumper. Do the maintenance then you get to jump off
and parachute down.

I was wondering why the guys were not wearing a chute of some sort. Aside
from the size that could be a problem, it would be a good safety precaution
at that height.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 16, 8:35*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
I was wondering why the guys were not wearing a chute of some sort. Aside
from the size that could be a problem, it would be a good safety precaution
at that height.

Ummm, yeah... Imagine catching your ripcord on something up there and
having the chute open unexpectedly... (Imagine what the wind is like
on a GOOD day up there.)

Besides, if you fell, you'd probably be impaled on something before
you could open the chute to have it shredded by the tower anyway...

I think the part that worried me most was when he got to the very top.
It looked like he just leaned against the pole and let go with both
hands to get his carabiner. Can you say "wind gust"? I knew you
could...
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oh darn! I dropped that coax connector!"

"Fred can you run down and get it for me...."

-----

What if they need to use the restroom?