Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Maintenance at 1700 feet

On Sep 16, 1:26*pm, dpb wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

... At that height, I wouldn't want to be wondering "Hmmm ... will
this work?"

Thing is, after about 40-ft or so, it really makes little difference
other than the time it will take (and generally less than that unless
really fortunate).

--

"after about 40-ft or so, it really makes little difference other
than the time"

True - physically - but that doesn't mean our brain processes it that
way.

Before we moved to an office park in the suburbs, I had a 12th floor
office with floor to ceiling windows. Even though falling from that
height would certainly have killed me, I could stand by those windows
all day.

I recently took a trip to Toronto and went up into the CN tower and
stood over the glass floor. I wouldn't be any deader if I fell from
there vs. my old office, but the knot in my stomach was awfully tight.

Part of my brain knows that dead is dead, but some other part stills
says "This deadly height is more scary than a lower deadly height."